Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novalcal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Harbor Breeze 54108 spin direction suddenly reversed
    This fan turns in the reverse direction with the switch in down position and when switch it up fan turns in forward direction. This suddenly happened 3 days ago. Also the fan turns about one third speed in either direction. I have a 2nd fan that works properly. The fan is less than 4 years old.

I bypassed the building wiring with and drop cord to the fan wiring and the fan still fails as above.

It appears the problem is in the motor wiring.

Any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:58 PM

Needs a new capacitor.

Ceiling Fan Capactors - Troubleshooting and Resources - Ceiling Fans 'N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan direction reversed by power surge [ 12 Answers ]

I have a condenser fan on an existing Janitrol ckj36-1b condensing unit. The fan seems to have reversed direction, most likely from a power surge. There was a strong electrical storm last night and the fan is now blowing back down through the condenser, rather than drawing the air through the...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan 54108 [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find a light kit that is compatible with this fan. The help people are telling me the one I have should work but it is a screw mount and the receptacle is a side 3 screw mount. If anyone has a model number, or product number, that is compatible, PLEASE help me! :) Thank you!

Harbor Breeze Down Rod [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering where I can get a 7ft Harbor Breeze down rod, was told by Lowe's they do not carry them.

Harbor Breeze fan [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed my fan and everything works perfectly. After 10 minutes, the HI speed does not work anymore when pushed on the remote (the fan is just stopped) and it looks like MED and LOW speeds are the same. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks

View more questions Search