Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Horse For My Friend
    Lately I have been trying to help my best friend find a horse. She is a larger woman (around 230lb) and I was wondering what breed of horse would suit her best or what body conformation would suit her. All she would be doing on the horse would be trail riding leisure riding and small jumps. She is quite tall as well (5"11'). If you could help me find her the ideal horse that would be great!
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Maybe you should look for some cobs? I am heavy too, and I used to ride this gorgeous Welsh Mountain Cob who stood at 15 hh 2". Contrary to usual prejudices, you can get some beautiful looking cobs that will do well in shows and are not slow at all! Cobs are great because they can carry up to one quatre of their weight, so get a nice tall, stocky one (but not an overwight one)and that should be fine. The previous owner will soon tell you if your horse will not be able carry your friend.
    If your friend loves horses, I assume she has had lessons in the past? If this was recently, then what kind of horse did she used to ride then? Maybe you could even visit your local riding school and see what they recommend?
    Your friend is tall, you will need a tall horse, at least 15hh 3" or higher. I know someone who is 5ft 7 and still riding tiny ponies!
    Good luck, get back to me!
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2010, 04:50 PM

Thanks I will definitely look into itthe Cobs and yes she has had previous lessons but her horse was a whole cross breed and had lots of different breeds in it. They weren't completely sure what was in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a horse who jump into water. Girl horse jumper goes lind but still jumps [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a movie where a young girl learns to jump a horse from up high into a tank of water. The girl ends up losing her sight and can't jump any more. But determined she learns to jump again with the help of a friend. What is the name of this movie?

My horse [ 3 Answers ]

I like to ride my horse that I got for easter he like it when I hug him and rubs his head on me does he like or is he trying to scrach?:confused:

A horse [ 5 Answers ]

My girl friend got a pet horse yeah?? Since she's had it I've only been able 2 see her 4 days a week for a couple of hours.. but it seems when she's round it she don't want to know me that much.. I under stand that she's busy. But if I say want to out or something shell say no I want to spend time...

Horse [ 8 Answers ]

I was looking around for a safe horse for my 14 year old and I had stopped at a guys house cause he seen to have a lot of them, I had ask if he had any child safe well broken older horses (my child does know how to ride as I had tought her} any ways he told me he had a black gelding that's about 7...

View more questions Search