Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceyb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 10:21 AM
    I want to take a name off my daughters birth ceriticate and put someone else on
    I want to take a name off my daughters birth ceriticate and put anther name on without a dna test
    traceyb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 10:28 AM

I want to take a name off my daughter birth ceriticate and put another name on without dna testing
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 07:15 AM

You cant. A birth certificate is a legal document and the only way it can be modified is with a court order. A court will not order it without a DNA test.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 08:33 AM

Moved from adoption to family law.

If someone could just decide to change a birth certificate at any time, then the FATHER could just remove YOU and replace you at any time.

If you want someone to adopt your child, you get the legal father to relinquish rights and the new father to adopt.

I suggest seeing a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 06:36 PM

There will have to be DNA tests to prove the real father ( or an adoption if he is not the real father)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I add my daughters father to her birth certificate? Please help! [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 6 years old and when she was born me and her father were not together and being young and stupid I didn't put his name on her birth certificate, now me and her father have got back together and been married for a year is there anyway that I can now put his name on her birth...

I have my daughters date of birth and old name from birth would this help find her ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I need to find my daughter , I have some details to help . Like date of birth , and name at birth . Place of birth also. Is this OK ? Francis .

How can I add my daughters father to her birth certificate if he is deceased? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter's father died when she was a year old. He wasn't on her birth certificate because I was very young (and dumb) when I had her. Is there any way to add him now. She is now 13 and wants his name. His family supports it.

Addition of husband on daughters birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I had been living apart for 3 years. Despite this we slept together and I fell pregnant. My son is 2 months old. He knows he is his, but I didn't put his name on the certificate- I left it blank (he never wanted the baby). We are now reconsiled and I want him on it- and want to amend...

Can my daughters name be changed on her birth records? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going through a divorce and my daughter's name is my maiden name on her birth records because I wasn't married at the time she was born. Plus I didn't name her father on the birth records either because we weren't together at the time. Now he wants her to have his last name. Is there a way that...

View more questions Search