Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebax29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Can any other product be used with Frontline if it doesn't seem to be working?
    ebax29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:44 AM
    My cat has severe fleas & hairloss. She digs all the time. We applied Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago, and it doesn't seem any better. Can I use any other products with Frontline?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 10:22 AM

I would consult with a Vet - many products are toxic to animals and you don't want to "overdoes" her. There are many products which are far better than Frontine.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 29, 2010, 11:37 AM

It could be a reaction to the frontline. You really should talk to a vet about it.

In the meantime, why not try natural remedies that don't include harsh chemicals and pesticides. They're safer for your pet, anyway.

Here are some websites that outline some natural remedies:
    Natural, Non-toxic Flea Control - Eartheasy.com Solutions for Sustainable Living

Natural Flea Control for Cats: Safe, Non-Toxic Methods for Ridding Homes and Pets of Fleas

Natural Flea Control Methods
    (take special note of the directions to make your own flea powder)

Also, make sure you're treating your house, and not just your cat. There are directions on what to do on those websites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take for frontline plus to work? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I have a sheltie/chow mix. Had a bad scratching and chewinfg on slin problem. Spent $60 for frontlline plus, really hasn't improved all that much gave it to her April 8th. How long until I really see a difference?

A dog's reaction to Frontline [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old miniture dachshund who is having an allergic reaction to the Frontline flea control that we just used on him on Tuesday night. His skin is itchy, there are small hives on the back of his neck, he is just uncomfortable. We took him to the vet and they told us to give him 1/2 a...

Frontline and puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My female jack russel just had 7 puppies last night,can the frontline flea control that we treat her with harm the pupies in any way?

Frontline flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Does frontline flea killer wash off my cat if I shampoo her about 3 days after I treated her with it? Do I need to reapply it now?

Frontline Plus flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone's pet had a reaction to Frontline Plus? Applied to my dog per the instructions 2 days ago and now a big patch of her hair has come off. Have an appt. w/my vet on tues. 11/16. Would appreciate input if you have used this and any reaction/symptoms your pet has had and what the remedy was.

View more questions Search