Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessnfd1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:02 AM
    If arrested 4 hindering prosecution 1st degree n MS,how long do they have 2 indict
    In the state of Mississippi, if you are arrested for Hindering Prosection in the 1st degree, how long does the prosecution have to present the case to the grand jury for an indictment?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 08:17 PM

Hello j:

If you're in jail, they have 72 hours to indict you or file a complaint on an information. If you're OUT of jail, and you're waiting for the grand jury, that means they haven't charged you yet. At this point, they can take all they time they want.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do they have to indict you if in jail [ 10 Answers ]

If you are in jail how long does the state have to indict you, before they have to release you?

1st offense, 1st degree theft [ 1 Answers ]

I have been my worst enemy. I thought I could believe what was told me and talk to the police and everything would be taken care of. My employer went into the hospital, his daughter in law spoke with me, stateing that my employer was dying, this of course upset me and I assumed from the...

Looking for long lost 1st love. [ 4 Answers ]

Looking for long lost 1st love. Her name is Joan . Age about 58. Went to PS76 in The Bronx Her last name at the time was Naddio

Elements of 1st degree attempted murder [ 9 Answers ]

I like to know what are the elements of 1st degree attempted murder that prosecutor has to prove to the jury, or maybe if you can give me a website that I can find that information on.

Police arrested an innocent man because of long criminal history. [ 12 Answers ]

Before I ask my question please read what situation that had happened to give you a better idea of what's going on. There was an incident that had occurred @ my resident. There was a snowmobile that was cruising in my backyard and someone called the police. The police arrived and asked me if it was...

View more questions Search