Ask
    Durgalakshmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 08:06 AM
    What is post placenta?
    What is post placenta?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 08:32 AM

Often is will refer to the location of the placenta in the uterus. A post placenta can mean that the placenta is located at the back, or posterior, of the uterus... which would be a normal location.

Was anything mentioned about it?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 05:47 AM

It can also mean that the placenta is in front of the baby in relation to the cervix... also commonly referred to as placenta previa. If it's early in the pregnancy, usually it will correct itself and the placenta will raise allowing for normal vaginal delivery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sheep Placenta ? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about Sheep Placenta? I keep hearing great things about it. Im 23 and I want to use it to keep myself looking young, but I'm not sure! Does it really keep you young? Anyone had success with the pills or cream? And also anyone know anything about Pearl Powder.. I heard...

Effect of placenta post [ 1 Answers ]

Normal delivery is possible in placenta post?

About my baby in the placenta? [ 2 Answers ]

Does my baby pee and poop while still in my placenta?

Placenta Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy. I never had any problems with my first two pregnancies, but after both, I had infections due to placenta being left in my womb, although nothing was ever noticed after I'd delivered the placentas. I then miscarried twice (but not sure if this was due to...

What is Post Placenta [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Greetings :) Yesterday I had the 20 weeks ultrasound and as the doctor was recording things, she was also explaining what we are actually looking at. During this time, she also showed us the placenta and said that I have a post placenta. I know I should have asked this then and there but it...

View more questions Search