Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cujoboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Chevy truck faulty temperature gauge
    Changed the water pump on 88 gmc truck now temperature gauge pegs out. I also changed the thermostat and lower radiator hose to no avail. Any ideas.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 07:28 AM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2043857

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda Civic Temperature Gauge [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan. It was in an accident awhile ago and since I got it back, the temperature gauge has been fluctuating from regular warmth (mid gauge) to hot (towards the top), only to be brought back to the middle when I turn on my heat. When I turn my temperature level...

Overheating and temperature gauge problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I asked about this before but have done several things since. My car was in an accident awhile ago. When I finally got it back, I was having problems with the engine temperature gauge fluctuating from regular to the point of the car almost overheating when driving. When the cars...

Problems with temperature gauge. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 Ford F150 and I've been having problems with the engine overheating, or so I thought. Every time I drive the temperature gauge just shoots up to the hottest it will go; most of the time it's just when I'm slowing down or completely stopped. I've taken it to get the radiator flushed,...

Faulty temp gauge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 89 chevy celebrity with 2.8L engine. I'm suspicious that the temp gauge is not accurate. These are my observations: The temp gauge has a scale of 100-260. Mid point is 220. I've owned a celebrity in the past and it seemed to run around 220. The car will go into the "red"...

Temperature gauge fluctuates [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 98 GMC truck. My problem is real simple to describe. When I start the truck up from cold, the temp gauge moves up like it should. But it goes to 210 degrees, and then comes back down to 160 degrees and stays there. What would cause this initial rise to 210 before settling on 160? ...

View more questions Search