Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fbproduce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 05:43 PM
    Father of child has never paid support.Is fugitive on the run.
    Father of child has never paid support. He is drug addict. He has left state in violation of his payroll. How do I take away parental rights?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 05:46 PM

Please read the sticky at the top of this forum and then ask any specific questions you have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 06:06 PM

I will assume you mean Parole, not payroll ( since he is not being paid to be a criminal)

It will depend ( if in the US) on the state, in some states merely being wanted and a criminal and not paying support is not enough to take rights away, in other states it would be.

You will need to hire an attorney and file for this in court.
    ** but why ? He is on the run, can't come visit or you call police, if found , he goes to jail ? So he is not using any rights anyway
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2010, 06:12 PM

Chuck makes a valid point. Why waste time and money trying to get his rights terminated when he's not going to be using them anytime soon. If he's arrested and incarcerated, serves his time then gets out and wants to see his kid, that's when you can try getting his rights termed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-husband never paid child support [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband never paid child support and I have raised both of my children without his financial help. In the original divorce papers it says he has to pay child support but never did. Now the children are 28 & 32 and really could use these funds. Can I sue my ex-husband for back child support in...

Child support from unwilling father, uninvolved father [ 26 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant with my first child. The father is not involved. What rights does the baby have to collect child support from him? Is it ethical to force financial child support, when he does not want to be involved? Yet, he has said that he will provide support. He says that and then...

Child support not paid? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a step mother of a 13 year old girl, for the last 10 years I have been the only mother that she really knows. Her birth mother is in and out of her life. The last time that they talked was back in December ( x-mas, it's now October) and our daughters b-day was in June, not a phone call just a...

Child support/college paid [ 2 Answers ]

I was divorced in 1996. My divorce degree says that my ex-husband will pay for our sons college and child support will stop. I received papers from the state saying that the law on child support has changed and my son and I can request that child support be continued until our son is 21. My...

How long does child support have to be paid? [ 1 Answers ]

An 18 year old male has been kicked out on the street by his mother after his 18th birthday. His father has never been around and has not paid child support at anytime. How old does child support have to be paid, can it be paid directly to him by his father if court ordered? If anyone can help...

View more questions Search