Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmcmahon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 01:18 PM
    In charged of fraud under $5000 will you be arrested?
    I am being investigated for fraud under $5000 and the insurance company has not been nice. I made a stupid mistake and I just want to pay everything back. They are taking their time (the insurance company) on making a decision. I have not been charged with anything at this time and when I ask if that is a possibility, all they say is "i don't know" we will advise you by email when we make a decision.
    In addition, because I was so terrified when I found out they had audited me, I lied and said that some of the claims were made by my godchild whithout my knowledge. I am pretty sure they don't believe me. I just want to pay it all back anyway so will they charge me if I pay it all back? They just won't give me a difinitive answer.

Also, what terrifies me the most is that I am afraid police will come to my home or place of work and arrest me. Can this happen?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 01:52 PM

Could it happen? Sure. Will it? VERY doubtful. You may be served with a warrant, but they will very likely not arrest you. They may call you and tell you to come in.

Will they press charges? Hard to say. Probably, if they aren't giving you a definitive answer. They might be being intentionally vague hoping you pay it back and then pressing charges. There is really no way to know. The one thing you can be certain of is that you will have to pay them back one way or another so its in your best interest to do so now in hopes that they are satisfied.
    kelseyxox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 05:49 AM
    Send them an apology and offer to pay it back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested but never charged? [ 5 Answers ]

My young sister is involved with a guy who has recently been in trouble with the law. He is out on bail and has a court date and yet says he was never charged. He was arrested but never charged. Could this be true? Am I wrong in thinking that if you are on bail to appear in court you must have been...

I was arrested for fraud under $5000.the gave me a trial date.what should I expect [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for fraud under $5000 for a job I didn't finish it off.they gave me a trial date.what should I expect

Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed [ 10 Answers ]

I am 16 in NY Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed and sealed? Will it appear on a background check? Can/will it negatively impact my employment chances with the financial industry? Can financial institutions penetrate sealed records? Are...

I was charged with fraud under 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I need some accurate legal advice, please. I am shocked, confused and very depressed. I was charged with fraud under 5000, on May 14th. I live in Toronto, Canada. In a nutshell, I was with my mother's friend at a clothing store, and my mother's friend was caught switching price...

Charged/Convicted/Arrested [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I was charged (given form 9 for appearance in court and fingerprinted) for theft under at Toronto CA (my first offence in my life, I am adult). In first appear I was asked to meet one community service lady, as per instruction I donated the money to charity and produce the receipt...

View more questions Search