Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koolcoolkg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Question on mole concept.
    The density of solid AgCl is 5.56 g/cc.Solid is arranged in cubic aray of Ag= & cl- ions spaced at a distance of 2773 Armstrong.With this find Avogadro constant.
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Jul 31, 2010, 06:42 PM

Let's clean up loose ends.
    This is a number crunching problem so get out your calculator.
    You are given the density of AgCl; your periodic table gives you the information to calculate the number of moles in a cc of AgCl. Fact one.
    The crystal is an assembly of tiny cubes of the given dimensions. From this you can calculate the volume of the unit cubes. Fact two.
    Division gives yoou the number of cubes in a cc of AgCl, from this you get the number of cells (ions) in a cc. This gives you the number of ions in a mole.
    Now for the real problems:
    1. What is an "Armstrong?" I'll bet you mean an Ångström Unit.
    2. Nearly 3000 Ångströms sounds way to big for a cell dimension.
    Check the original problem. Crunch the numbers.
    You probably needed this last week but maybe this will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The mole [ 66 Answers ]

I truly am confused by this question. It gives no specific details. Here it is. Calculate how long a chain of paper clips would be (in inches) if you had one mole of them. Can someone please answer this question, or at least guide me in the direction?

Mole Family [ 1 Answers ]

A papa mole, a mama mole, and a baby mole all live together In a little mole hole. One day, papa mole sticks his head out of the hole, sniffs The air and said, "Yum! I smell maple syrup!" The mama mole sticks her head out of the hole, sniffs the Air and said, "Oh, Yum! I...

Mole-mole ratios [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: Given the fallowing balanced equation, 2Al + 3S -> Al2S3 Q 1. How many moles of Al2S3 will form if we start with 16 moles of Al? Q 2. How many moles of sulfur will be combined with 16 moles of Al? ...

Acid Mole Question [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with this problem? A new super antacid was just released onto the market. A single tablet weighing .3541 g was added to 25 ml of .981 M HCl. The acid that remained after the tablet had reacted required 10.31 ml of .183 M Ca(OH)2. How many moles of acid was neutralized by the...

View more questions Search