Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    somuchsolittletime Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Put a lot of time and effort into first date and she blew me off!
    Hi Everyone,
    My friend told me this is the place to go to for advice. So here I am.
    I met this girl about 2 weeks ago. We talked, exchanged numbers, and talked about making plans in the future. We would text each other during the day and talk the normal talk. I asked her Sunday if we were going to get together this week and she said "Of course I would love to". I asked her if she had anything specific she wanted to do and she said "Suprise me". So I thought of something really nice. I bought a nice bottle of wine, tablecloth, napkins. I cut up some mangos, cherries, and made chocolate covered strawberries and was going to go to the park and have a little picnic. I figured that would be different than going out to a bar or something like that since she gets off work at 930pm. Well today is suppose to be our date. We talked a bit lastnight and I asked for her address and she never replied. I text her today at 12pm and asked if we were still on for tonight and she never responded? What gets me is she has been talking and posting stuff on Facebook from 11:30 till now and still hasn't responded.
    Advice please?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 12:20 PM

Sounds like she not that interested.

You have tried to contact her,she knows the date is on for tonight,she would have got back to you by now.

Don't waste the food or the wine,call a friend around and get stuck in.

Some you win some you lose.

Pick yourself up,and move on.

Jul 28, 2010, 12:23 PM

True, but she kept saying "Oh, I can't wait to see you. Your so hot, I'm looking forward to wed"
    But like you said, she must not be intersted. I just think its rude and inconsiderate not to let me know...
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 12:24 PM

It sounds like she's not very interested in seeing you, otherwise she wouldn't leave you hanging.

In the future, why don't you call instead of texting?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 12:28 PM

I would agree it is rude,but she has done you a favour,you know now instead of 3 months down the line.

Although you may be a little peeved,your not heartbroken.

Jul 28, 2010, 12:28 PM

I would have called, but didn't think I would get ahold of her at work and/or bother her at work, but apparently she's busy on Facebook. Haha
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2010, 12:41 PM

Count yourself as blessed. She let you know, in her way, before you even got involved.

Yes, her manners are rude and thoughtless. She should have had enough of the social etiquette to contact you - by phone - and said she changed her mind.

Don't waste your time figuring this out. And if she does come around and give some lame excuse for her behavior - remember the old saying - "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 12:44 PM

WOW...

If I lived near you I would definently go on that date! Chocolate-covered strawberries? To die for!

If a guy puts that much effort into a first date imagine what the whole relationship would be like...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 12:48 PM

Did she get your texts? You might try calling just to make sure there isn't an issue with her phone.

I once got a text from my daughter 14 hours after she sent it (She had been home for 12 of those hours.) Just one reason I don't trust texting as a means of serious communication.

Have you tried contacting her on Facebook?

Jul 28, 2010, 12:56 PM

Bleusong - very true thanks for the advice. I guess she did let me know in her own way.

Beautifulbrunette - haha thanks, yeah I thought it would be a nice time to. Well I'm sure we will be in your area soon. Our rock band got signed and we start our tour next year.

Cat1864 - Although I can't say for sure she received them, I do know we were talking yesterday around 3pm and I asked her for address and she never replied nor to my text today. It honestly doesn't bother me if she didn't want to hang out, what gets me is she couldn't just call or text and say no. It's shame how some people are these days...
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by somuchsolittletime View Post
    bleusong - very true thanks for the advice. I guess she did let me know in her own way.

beautifulbrunette - haha thanks, yeah i thought it would be a nice time to. Well im sure we will be in your area soon. Our rock band got signed and we start our tour next year.

Cat1864 - Although I can't say for sure she received them, I do know we were talking yesterday around 3pm and I asked her for address and she never replied back nor to my txt today. It honestly doesn't bother me if she didnt want to hang out, what gets me is she couldn't just call or txt and say no. It's shame how some people are these days...
    She most likely said yes because she couldn't say no. She probably thinks that saying no is rude.

Jul 28, 2010, 01:08 PM

Yeah, well when we first met. She was the one that approached me and said "We should get together sometime". So who knows...
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jul 31, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Wait a week or so and find a good concert that's coming to town. Text her this. "Hey sorry we didn't meet up last week, anyway, I'v got three tickets for Black Eyed Peas (whatever). do you and a friend want to go?"

Then blow her off. When she asks what happened, tell her you meet another girl and invited her instead and since you don't reply to invites I thought it would be OK if I didn't also. NEXT
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:52 AM

Lol, I don't recommend deception, but I liked LTLIF's thinking. If she can't make it, for whatever reason, then take someone else.

You never know what people are going through in their personal lives, so never be disappointed in a broken date, or take it personally. Just move to the next, and come back to her IF you want to, when YOU have the time.

You never let one MONKEY stop the show!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liking someone a lot the first time you meet them! [ 7 Answers ]

Just wanted to see how many people experienced this. Have you every liked someone a lot the first time you met them. What was it you liked and did anything happen between you.!

My date of birth is 22-06-1981 and time is 7:00 pm tell me marrige date and year [ 5 Answers ]

I want know about my marrige, because am 29 years old. I want to know resaon.

I've been given two chances,blew them both how can I prove that I won't this time? [ 4 Answers ]

I lied to my boyfriend but about the smallest thing and he took me back,I then lied again he took me back,this time I haven't really lied I told him the truth buh he doesn't seem to see it,I want to prove to him that I'm not the person he thinks I am. He said that I was perfect but it was the lies...

Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day And water is always available. She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there...

View more questions Search