Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 28, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Finally, after 12 years wait...
    ... STARCRAFT 2 is a go and rather awesome. StarCraft II
    As a follow on from this thread about C&C 4: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/video-...er-460128.html at least one studio doesn't completely wreck a brilliant franchise.
    Mind you I now realise that my 3 year old XPS just doesn't cut it any more.
    On well time for an Alienware MX me thinks, now how to get that through the company ;)

So any other fans out there?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 07:48 AM
    I was really looking forward to it; even put the release date in my calendar although I rarely buy a game until the price drops, but I looked yesterday at Amazon to see where the price was and out of almost 900 reviews it has 3 stars and the reviews are scathing! Think I'm going to pass until it gets way cheap.

They f'd up Gothic 3
    They f'd up C&C 4
    Now it looks like they f'd up Starcraft 2.
    Diablo 3 will probably be f'd up too.

*sigh* Fingers crossed Spellforce 2: FiD is half decent.
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Well I'm all done with Startcraft campaign mode.
    While it was good, it was more of an add on rather than a stand alone game.

I'm not really interested in playing online, as I like skirmish against numerous AI's, but that's not really option.

Would have been better if they had removed the battle.net requirements, but there you go.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the tried a WoW with Starcarft, after all it's the same game engine.

I agree on the others. C&C4 was so bad I uninstalled it after a couple of missions. Now THAT'S BADDDDDD!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 08:24 AM
    I just found a buyer for my current computer (a sweet older lady :D). Time to go shopping!
    BTW for retro goodness I'm having fun blazing through Quake 2 LOL! The new PC will see Bioshock 2 and maybe L4D.
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2010, 08:26 AM
    Quake 2 was great, taught me a lot about networking and the differences between AMD and intel hardware..

Superb LAN parties before the phrase was coined..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Ah yes LAN parties <reminisces... >.
    Good luck with Starcraft online, is it the South Koreans that go nuts over that?
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2010, 08:41 AM
    I'm too old to have my bottom kicked by some snotty teen ;)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Well I'm all done with Startcraft campaign mode.
    While it was good, it was more of an add on rather than a stand alone game.

I'm not really interested in playing online, as I like skirmish against numerous AI's, but that's not really option.

Would of been better if they had removed the battle.net requirements, but there you go.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the tried a WoW with Starcarft, after all it's the same game engine.

I agree on the others. C&C4 was so bad I uninstalled it after a couple of missions. Now THAT'S BADDDDDD !!!!!
    You mean sort of like the warhammer 40k MMO game coming out, looks awesome by the way :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After years of trying to get pregnant I finally did. Why now? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had unprotected sex with my husband for 7 years and never got pregnant. I just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Why did it happen now after all that time?

How do I tell my boyfriend that I want to wait to have sex because I was raped 2 years ago [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for a month now, my problem is that I want to take things slow. I don't think he will understand because I am 33 years old. Should I tell him the truth ad tell him that I was raped 2 years ago, and that is why I need to take things a little slower. I have had other guys...

After 3 years he is finally honest and breaks up with me [ 27 Answers ]

I found this website and thought it would be worth actually venting to and I hope I get some type of advice. All right me and him were together for three years on and off every time we broke up it was for awhile then we got back together but this time I feel like it might be different :/ Hes in...

FHA loan / CH 7 BK / Wait 2 years? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! My family and I want to get into our first house when our current lease is up (Feb-07). We went through a CH 7 bankruptcy and it was discharged 4/8/05. Everything I've seen says you have to wait 2-years before you would qualify for an FHA loan. Are there ever any exceptions to that...

View more questions Search