Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdoodles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 10:19 AM
    He is never Happy!
    MY husband and I have been married for 2 years, It seems that no matter what I do or how I do it, it is never the right thing for him. I am currently attending college in a very competetive program which requires intense studying sometimes, I also work full time and have one school aged child. I try to juggle all these things, being a good student, a good mother, a good wife and a reliable employee. Sometimes I feel like a seal at the circus juggling the ball on his nose just waiting for it to fall. I try to find time for my husband as musch as possible, either by including him in something I need to do or scheduling a day out or a weekend away, just to relax. It seems no matter how much I do its not enough, for instance a few weekends ago, I had agreed to attend an invent for my daughters girl scout troop which lasted about and hour and a half on Saturday, well on the MOnday after we were argueing about spending time together, he was saying he doesn't get enough again. I preceded to tell him that we spent the entire weekend together, and his response was, no not the entire weekend you had to go to the girl scout thing on Saturday. I mean come on it was an hour out of an entire weekend. That is my point I feel like I am under so much pressure to do everything exactly right and it seems to never be enough. We even talked about this in therapy and my husband was told he needed to relax a little and stop putting so much pressure on me, but it didn't seem to help!! SO, if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 27, 2006, 03:20 PM
    My question is: Was he this way when you met him and dating? If so, either you thought that you could change him or this is just the way he is.

If he wasn't this way, either he has gotten depressed or you have lost you touch. Trying to please someone has never been successful for anyone.

Your best bet is to let him be him. You go on and get your education; and when you graduate - LEAVE THIS NUT.

It is easir to say that something's are Impossible, than it is to convince someone that may have a mental illness that he/she needs professional help. But you can either accept this guy for who he is or the way he want to be or get yourself a puppet.

Some guys ARE happy, but cannot BE happy. But if he cannot show a decent smile from time to time, then you are in BIG trouble.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. F.E.A.S.T. Ministries - Women - 1 Accept Your Husband As He Is! 2006. F.E.A.S.T. Ministries - Accept Your Husband As He Is!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 08:51 PM
    It is not entirely unreasonable that he likes to b##h, so ignore that and during calmer moments talk about it and ask what solutions can he come up with. If he opens up good try and be honest and demand that he be honest. Busy people need a lot of communications.No need to holler or argue, discuss as in adults. After 2 years your still learning about each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Happy Thanksgiving To All [ 4 Answers ]

Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy the day with family and friends, be kind to all, and pray that the world will soon be in peace. Be thoughtful of others who have less, help someone in need. If is far better to give than to receive. Happy thanksgiving to all.:D

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone [ 5 Answers ]

18 THINGS YOU CAN ONLY SAY AT THANKSGIVING! 1. Talk about a huge breast! 2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist. 3. It's Cool Whip time! 4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst! 5. That's one terrific spread! 6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat. 7. Are you ready...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

He's married and not happy with her [ 15 Answers ]

Ok well here's my problem, I have been seeing this guy for a wile now and he's married with kids. He is not happy in his marriage but we are very happy together. I love him very much and he feels the same way about me. The only readson he is with his wife still is for the kids. I don't know what...

View more questions Search