Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gprob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 08:34 PM
    My 2006 Taurus has a problem hesitating to start sometimes, what could be the problem
    Sometimes when starting my 2006 Ford Taurus, it hesitate to start, sometimes it does this and sometimes not, what could the problem? I'm thinking the starter. I replaced the battery, thinking it could be the battery, but the problem still exist. Help!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 05:21 AM

Replace the platinum spark plugs, with the exact Motorcraft plugs that came in the engine, if they have not been changed in 50,000 miles. Being a V-6, many people neglect doing this due to limited access to the rear plugs. The Trick in this link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1375876

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Taurus Transmission Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for some help dealing with a 1999 Taurus LX Flex Fuel. In slow/bumper to bumper traffic, or at any slow cruise, such as looking for a parking spot, the transmission jerks between gears, as if it is looking for the gear it needs to be in. Seems to be shifting between 1st and 2nd gear....

Down shift problem on 98 Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1998 Ford Taurus SEL with the small V6 and automatic transmission. I am having the following problem. When ever you slow the car up to below approx. 30 miles per hour then push the Accelerator to resume normal speed, the transmission drops from drive to first gear Giving quite a...

92 Taurus V6 3.0 Tranny problem [ 4 Answers ]

Please Help, I have a family of 11 who relies on our Taurus. (of course, we don't all fit in at once, ha ha) Had a front right half-axle that needed replaced. I did the work and took it 1 mile to the store on a test drive. On the way back, power just left. The throtle still would rev the...

88 Ford Taurus Transmission Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Have 88 Ford Taurus with auto xmission. Xmission will go in reverse fine, but will not engage into drive unless the vehicle is going at or over 15 mph. Fluid level checks out fine. Any advice would be appreciated. evaneric2

View more questions Search