Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    espinozaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Small business
    Hi my name is Joshua and I plan on starting my own business painting homes. My question is do I need and contractors licence or can I just use a business licence?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2006, 09:25 AM
    This depends on your local area. Licensing is generally a province of the municipality or county. Most have websites these days so you can try yours. If you can't find the answer, contact the consumer affairs office.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2006, 11:51 AM
    A lot will as mentioned depend on your area. Some of the larger cities have very strict rules and regs, others have almost none.

So your first stop to ask this question can be the local building and codes departent.

Also remember liability insurance, when your paint blows on the car next door, or your latter falls and kills their prize cat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What I need to register a business and where do I go [ 2 Answers ]

Where would I go to find out what I need as far as Tax Id numbers, if the business name I am wanting to use is available and how do I register my business.

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

Starting A New business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Kim,I Have Been Working On My Own As A Cleaner For Approx 8yrs Just Locally,but A Chance Has Just Come Up For Me To Maybe Have 2 Contracts For Buisnesses In My Area Which Would Be A Great Start On The Steep Ladder Of Sucsess,how And Where Do I Start Please Help Someone As I Don't Want...

View more questions Search