Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdl234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Custody Agreement Established but doesn't actually utilize the custody
    We have a 3 year old daughter. We were never married and have had many hard times. Our last time in court we finalized our custody agreement. Times, dates, pick up and drop offs, the works. He has her every other weekend and 1 night per week (8 nights per month). In the past 6 months 50% of his weekend visits with her he has his mother watch her, Which I love his mother. But I am feeling like I do not know who or where our daughter is when she is not with me. I am not notified. I do not get babysitters and if I rarely do, I advise him. If he has visitation with her, shouldn't he be utilizing it. Am I completely wrong in thinking this way? Is there anything I can do?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2010, 01:43 PM

By and large, his nights are his to do with as he pleases, including share them with his mother.

You could bring it up in court but unless he is putting your daughter in danger, they are likely going to tell you the same thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 04:06 PM

He is not required to use his time. And unless you have it written in the agreement, he is free to hire a baby sitter, let him mom watch child or more.

It is "his time" but also his choice what to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing custody agreement without a lawyer? [ 3 Answers ]

My five year old daughter father and I were never married. When my daughter was six months old, I lost the house I was renting, I lost my job, I lost pretty much everything. I asked my child's father to help me out by taking her a little while so I could get back on my feet. He lived about ten...

Ppr wrk needed to get custody established [ 3 Answers ]

In Portland OR, where would I go to get custody of my daughter established? She has always lived with me but there are no legal arrangements between her father and I. Lately he is trying to TELL me he wants her there with him mon-fri. That is not going to happen as that is NOT what my daughter...

Changing custody agreement [ 8 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have joint custody of our 7 year old. My son usually lives with his dad and I get weekend visits and him for the summer. My ex-husband is in the military and when he gets deployed overseas my son comes live with me. He has been deployed twice now, his second tour starting last...

Leaving California with no custody agreement [ 1 Answers ]

My sister can not support herself and her two children living in California on there own. All of her family and her ex's family live in Minnesota where they always planned on moving back to. Now that she left him he does not want her to move back to Minnesota. Could she still leave with the kids...

New custody agreement [ 12 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been going back and forth with the idea of drawing up a new custody agreement for her girls and their father. He is a chronic heroin user, who is currently enrolled at a rehab center in NY this is his 3rd rehab in around 14 months. He went to one for a month, dropped out,...

View more questions Search