Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TOOLBAND12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Buzzing sound stays on for a few minutes when Furnace starts!!
    Hi,

My gaz furnace is 2 years old and it was running smoothly last year. This year however, it started making a buzzing sound when it starts up. The sound stays for a few minutes and then stops when the heat as been blowing a few seconds.

Could anyone give me advice on what this noise means?
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Pat
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Dec 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Weak gas valve or fan relay...
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Sounds like a relay, they do this from time to time and usually is nothing to worry about. Make, age and efficiency would be helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old...

Buzzing From Electric Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane heat pump system. As I tried the emergency heat position for the electric furnace, nothing happened but a "buzzing" sound. The tech was here twice and checked control panel, wiring, transformer, etc. Heat pump is fine... just when you turn on to emergency heat - inop. Tech was a...

Oil gauge stays "buried" for 5-10 minutes after starting [ 2 Answers ]

2002 Ford Explorer. Oil level is good. When I start my car, my oil gauge stays buried all the way to the bottom for the first 5-10 minutes of driving. While it's buried, the "check gauge" light is lit. Generally the gauge "pops up" to where it's supposed to be after 5-10 minutes and the...

Honeywell RTH230B - furnace starts often [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced my old mercury tilt thermostat with a programmable (5/2) Honeywell RTH230B digital unit. I didn't have too much problem with the install - to a 2 wire forced air oil furnace - however I find the furnace cycling through start and stop much more than usual,to the point to...

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

View more questions Search