Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dabeer34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 03:25 AM
    Wife not happy
    How can I stop my wife talking and meeting to her cousins and family friends in my absence
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2010, 03:39 AM

Is there a particular reason why you don't want her to talk or meet with her family without you?

Your wife is not a possession,she has wants and needs apart from you.

Are you jealous of her relationship with her family,do you feel the need to control the situation?

Are you the cause of your wife feeling unhappy?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2010, 06:29 AM

So you want to know how to control your wife? You realize what you are talking about is a form of abuse, right?
    nadia.baseer.durrani Posts: 27, Reputation: 7

Jul 27, 2010, 11:14 PM

Why don't you want her to meet her own family? Whatever the reason may be, but it just sounds very OFF!
    Or if you can explain it further what's the reason for it.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2010, 12:06 AM

Meeting cousins and family friends sounds pretty innocent to me. In fact it sounds like she has good relationships with her relatives.

So what is missing in your story? Are you insecure because she gets out and meets people she knows and cares about? What does she talk about when she is with them? What do they tell her?

If you are insecure, why? Has she done anything to you that merits those feelings? What have you done to her? Are you one who like to say where she goes and who she sees and what she does?
    If so, is that kind of male behavior commmon where you live - culture, religion, etc.

Are you free to go and talk to your cousins and family members all alone? What do you say to them when you are with them? Do you talk about your wife? If so, what do you say? What do your family members say about your wife?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 08:01 AM

It is not unusual for women to gather to together. I suspect that women will often bond significantly faster then men. They can take a fast-path to those things called feelings and emotions.

Besides, they are probably only discussing personal things that would embarrass you anyway.

Let it go!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 10:21 AM

Why would you even want to. Is she not allowed a life apart from you?
    cxh0202 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Sounds you are a control husband. You are trying to keep your wife away from her family, this is abuse behavior.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2010, 06:36 AM

how can I stop my wife talking and meeting to her cousins and family friends in my absence
    You can't, and why should you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

How to keep wife happy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 28 yrs old. My wife is 2yrs older than me. I always try to give her all the happyness that I can give. But unfortunately she is not getting satisfied. She rarely smiles. I feel very much bad about this. How to keep her happy >?

"I am not happy, I just need time by myself" my wife says. [ 9 Answers ]

"I am not happy, I just need time by myself" my wife says. What does that mean? I think that she is trying to tell me that personally she is not happy. That she can’t happy with us unless she is happy with herself first. I want to give here the space she need, I am just afraid of losing her. We...

Happy Birthday Curlyben's wife!! [ 12 Answers ]

To Curlyben'swife: 2532

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search