Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckloke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 05:46 PM
    How do I change a 3 phase electrical subpanel to two single phase panels? 5 wires
    We have a building with two separate office suites, but only one meter and remote one sub panel. The meter and feed is 3 phase, 5 big wires to the one panel through a 2.25 inch underground conduit. There is room for another meter in the meter box in the pedestal.

Can we run two meters and two single phase 100 amp circuits using the existing 5 wires? And get both 240 v. and 120v.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 07:05 PM

3 phase what?
    208 3 phase /120 "Y" or 240 3 phase delta/120 , high leg or something else?

Current per phase?

Any 277 V?

Do the single phase loads really have to be 240 VAC? Is 208 OK?

Does the Air conditioning use 3 phase?

Are you willing to sub-meter? Will power company allow two meters?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical differentiation between three phase and single phase [ 1 Answers ]

I want the differentiation in wave ohm,voltage,usage and connection

If a building has phase 3 electrical would I want to change it to phase 1 [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking at purchasing an old grocery store. We want to divide it into 4 units. The store has phase 3 electrical. Would we want to change it to phase 1. Half of the building will be a salon with tanning beds. Would it be efficient to change the electrical

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am new this community... You are doing great job of knowledge transfer... My question: Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply? Please clear my doubt... :confused:

Change a 3 phase flat top to single phase [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's church recently purchased a used commercial 3 phase griddle(flat top). How can it be wired to use single phase 220/240 V. It's on a 60 AMP breaker.

View more questions Search