Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssargen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Hi guys. I see that you have a lot of experience. I looked through other posts and did not see the answer to this particular situation. Thanks so much for your help.

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the receiver that came with the fan? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 03:40 AM
    (moved to new question)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
    You can delete this he already asked the same question in another thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Bypass Hampton Bay fan remote to wall control? [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a room addition to my house and we prewired the room for a fan wall controller. The wall controller will allow me th dim the fan lights and the recess lights all at once and the fan control to control the fan speed of course. I am in a big mess now because the fan I bought from home...

Prewired Ceiling Fan Wall Switch? [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first post. I am installing a Minka Aire fan. The wall switch unit that came with the fan controls the fan speed and lighting. The home is pre-wired for a fan. At the wall, two black wires are available for the switch unit, and the good news is that the unit has two black wires...

View more questions Search