Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desidmason Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Convicted father trying for custody
    I live in California
    When I was months pregnant the father of my child went to jail for kidnapping me and sent me into early labor luckily it was stopped
    He also has other felony charges like exstortion and other kidnapping charges
    Since he's been out of prison he has done nothing to support my son all he cares about is trying to get back with me but I refuse so now he served me custody papers
    I want full physical and legal custody with no visitation because when I let my son spend the night he tried to keep him from me
    I also want to let my same sex partner adopt our son she has been there supporting him since before he was born ad is still doing it now
    Is there any wa the court will grant me sole physical and legal custody with no visitation
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 10:10 AM

Sure, there is a way - but its going to be a fight, especially if he is serious.

The chances of you getting your partner to adopt against the baby's father is going to be a much harder fight.

I would recommend getting the best lawyer you can find.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by desidmason View Post
    is there any wa the court will grant me sole physical and legal custody with no visitation
    hello d:

Probably not. But, if he's a danger to the child, the court will require supervised visits.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the father of my unborn child get 50% custody if I want primary custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and the father of the child and I are no longer together. For personal reasons I want to give the child my last name, not his. He says he can CHANGE the baby's last name once a paternity test is done. Is that correct? Also, I want primary custody and would agree to give him...

Can my girlfriend lose custody of her child for living with a convicted felon? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my girlfriend lose custody of her child for living with a convicted felon? Let me start by describing my background. I have convicted of failure to re-deliver leased/hire property. What happened was I was engaged two years ago and was renting furniture and other items from a rent to own store,...

Future custody case for convicted felon dad [ 6 Answers ]

Someone I love very much will be released from prison soon. How, What, and Where are the questions I'm asking as far as finding him a good attorney in the state that his ex wife is now located along with his son. Obviously, its got to be in the jurisdiction that his son is in. Which websites are...

Funding for convicted felon and father of two [ 1 Answers ]

I'm only 24 yrs old and when I was younger had some run in's in with the law I was convicted of 3 felony 5's in Ohio which is where I live... I know have two children and a scarce job market I'm interested in going to school but obviously can't afford what can I do?? Thanks so much..

View more questions Search