Ask
    deezill77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Can a mother leave the state even if the father pays child support
    Can a mother leave the state even though the father is paying child support
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 06:44 AM

Support has nothing to do with it. It's about custody and visitation. If there is a Court Order it has to be obeyed (and that includes allowing the father visitation). Only another Court Order can change the first Order.

If there is no Court Order the mother is free to go. The father can attempt to get an Order to bring her and the child back. If the move is seen to be an effort to deprive the father from having visitation the mother will have a problem.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 06:46 AM

It really depends on what the custody and visitation schedule says. Support and visitation are two separate issues. If the father has visitation or joint custody, moving will violate this and be subject to legal recourse up to and including loss of custody by the mother.

If there is no visitation or custody order, the mother is free to do as she chooses.

We really need more information to accurately answer this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In NY - Will Court Still Determine Child Support if Father Pays Something [ 1 Answers ]

My father's son and I do not currently have anything in writing regarding support. We verbally agreed to split the bills and for him to give $75 a week for the first month. We were also to reassess the weekly amount after the initial month. Here are some of the problems: * I have to...

Do I have to go to court to leave state if the father doesn't pay child support [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know cause he says I do but I checked into it and they say I don't have to take him to court unless he was paying child support before I left I'm so confused

Father pays child support, but mother wants more? [ 8 Answers ]

My cousin lives in NY and mother of his child lives in NJ. He pays $550 a month in child support but she wants more. He makes around 550-650 a week after taxes, but is afraid he will lose everything if chil support amount is raise. It might sound like a lie but he barly surviving because NY is...

View more questions Search