Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    risicupman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2003, 07:44 PM
    Problem with shyness
    All right my problem is I have a real hard time trying to keep a good conversation going with girls. Because of this I don't have too many "girl" friends and its because I usually shy away. My question is how I can overcome this shyness and keep a good conversation going.
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2003, 11:59 AM
    problem with shyness
    The only real solution is practice. You must force yourself to speak up and to continue on even if you seem to stumble. I recommend joining a club or organization of some sort that has girl members. If it is related to a common interest you will be put in contact with girls who also have that interest and PRESTO - Instant topic for a conversation. You can also volunteer to lead projects which forces you to speak in front of the group. Once you start talking and prove to yourself that you can live through it, it WILL GET EASIER. Believe in yourself, you do have something worth saying.

Best wishes,
    dwalex
    orb Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2003, 10:50 AM
    problem with shyness
    Yea, girls can see right through people who don't appear confident in themselves.

I found that if you don't appear confident, then girls couldn't care less about conversation with you.
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2003, 03:39 PM
    problem with shyness
    Hi,

In order to get away from being shy you need to be confident with who you are and have faith in yourself. Don't worry about what others sya and be yourself, you will be surprised to see that having confidence in ones self is the ticket to being outgoing... I bet you have a lot to offer and talents, show them that could be the center of a conversation or the beginning of one... Best of luck.

Chaz :)
    STRNGWMN Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2003, 12:28 PM
    problem with shyness
    Reformed shy person myself I say you ought to take some risks and put yourself out there however make sure she's worth it... and if you fall on you face that's allways fun oh friggin well life goes on try again...
    Good luck
    MrAdams Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2003, 02:55 PM
    problem with shyness
    My best advise would basically consist of first a basic question. When you try talking to girlst usually how and what do you try and talk about ? You must first and foremost always be yourself and express interest in what she is saying and is interested in ,although you may or may not share the same interest its good to pay attention as well as converse back.. if the return conversation is an issue it may be best to just relax and try to warm up to what's going on.. women are people just like men the differences are far less than one might assume just remember like you... a woman likes to be respected and acknowledged simply be yourself and in time things will come don't look at a situation uncomfortable for yourself simply try and be confident in who you are and take that with you into conversation.. if you try to be anyone but you in the long run things will come out and that common ground you may have found in the beginning will merely disappear beneath your feet and you end up with nothing there..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Overcoming shyness... [ 1 Answers ]

I know this girl that I really love. She loves me back, and lately we haven't been able to see each other but it hasn't broken us up. :) The time we met though, I was a bit shy, and I didn't know what to say around her, what to ask her and stuff. Sometimes I think my shyness makes her lose...

View more questions Search