Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sohc427 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Briggs & straton twin 14 hp elect start lawn mower no spark ?
    Replaced ignit. Switch ,new plugs ,fresh gas,good compression on right bank,kind of weak on left bank. Possibly washed down when flooded w/ gas. Did run for short while over fueled a bit. Dissasembeld and cleaned carb & cleared all ports and orifaces .even hot wired it but now there is no spark at plugs. Appears to to be elect ignit. Juust a coil w mag. Pick up on side of flywheel
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 04:44 PM

Hi,
    First thing to try is separating the engine from the frame and rechecking the ignition. This is done by unplugging the wire (usually yellow or white) just to the right rear of the airbox.
    If there is still no fire, then it is probably the armature. Replace and gap at 0.010-0.014" and a business card will make a makeshift gauge to do this.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Straton riding Lawn Mower motor (see July 4th Post for more info.)wont run [ 19 Answers ]

As recommend I replaced eh Diode but still having problems It now blows out the 12 amp fuse when I plug it in to the Alternator wire that connects to the main source that flows through the diode. With the wire that connects the alternator unhooked it does not blow the fuse. Could the main...

What would cause my 13.5 hp briggs&straton to flood spark plug chamber with gas [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause my 2006 13.5 hp yard machine mower to flood the spark plug chamber with gas? When I pull the plug gas pours out.

Briggs & Stratton MTD 2.2 lawn mower won't start [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Briggs & Stratton MTD 2.2. How do I get it to start?

Craftsman 13 1/2 hp briggs&straton will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My Ccaftsman 13 1/2 Hp Briggs &Straton Will Not Start.I Replaced Spark Plug,Gas And It Just Spins I Do See A Spark But It's Very Light It Seems.

Craftsman lawn tractor 19.5 Briggs twin engine won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last time I used this mower was about 3 months ago, ran it out of gas and left It (covered). Tried to start it yesterday after putting in about 3 gallons of new gas And it will crank fine but not start.. I took off the air cleaner and trickled in a bit of gas And it started to run and...

View more questions Search