Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Craftsman rear engine mower,runs fine,mower deck will not engage or cut the grass?
    Rear engine craftsman mower runs fine,but the mower deck does not engage when you lower the lever?it appears the belt is on the pulleys,help...
    paul73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Craftsman rear engine mower ,deck will not cut
    Mower deck on craftsman rear engine mower will not engage?mower runs fine.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 25, 2010, 04:58 PM

Hi,
    Does the idler that tensions the belt move when engaged? Many Craftsman mowers have a pivot for that idler arm that is a bolt through a shoulder spacer that is the point at which it pivots. It will get corroded and seize. This requires disassembly, sanding/cleaning and reassembly to remedy. A small bit of anti-seize compound would not hurt when reassembling.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere mower L120 Trouble mower deck will not engage. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L120 mower. The mower deck will not engage but the switch seems good. No power appears to be at the clutch on the mower deck.

Engine runs when engaging the mower deck it sputters and stops. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Ranch King 20 hp kohloer tractor with a 46 in deck. It is the same tractor as a Craftsman.. identicle. Problem. It starts but when you engage the clutch for the mower deck it sputters and stops running If you put it in drive it sputters and stops running. I have checked the...

Adjust Mower Deck of Snapper Rear Engine Rider [ 1 Answers ]

I need to raise the mower deck of my Snapper rear engine rider. It has a single blade with 30-inch cutting width. Currently, when lever is in upper-most position (#6) the blade still scalps portions of my lawn. I have looked through some online manuals but they are a bit confusing. Help...

Craftsman rear engine riding mower drive belt pulley alignment [ 1 Answers ]

The drive belt that propels the machine keeps coming off the idler pulley. It appears that the idler pulley is positioned we below the other two pulleys. Is there a way to move the idler pulley up so it aligns with the others.

Replace cable to engage Craftsman 42" mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the mower engage cable on a 42" craftsman lawn mover deck?

View more questions Search