Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KORN_FUSED Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 08:20 AM
    Replacing a 5-wire ceiling fan switch
    The fan is about 25 yrs old. No manufacturer available. The 5-8 wire sw broke at the neck. Someone else removed the switch WITHOUT recording where the wires went into which slots. The old switch is a double-decker. The wire colors are: Black (2), Yellow (2), Orange (1) & Violet (1). The capacitor has four pigtails... colors are: Yellow (2), Orange (1), Violet (1). The red lead from the capacitor is wired directly to the FWD/REV switch. My problem is that I don't know WHERE the wires should be inserted into the new Switch. I bought the new switch at Lowe's.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 07:01 PM

I don't have info on wiring for double decker switches. Check with CeilingFanParts.com Home

Ceiling fan pullchain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Can anyone tell me how to wire 3 speed 4 wire switch for heritage farm ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Need help my chain broke no light in kitchen no fan working:) :)

Replacing 8-wire ceiling fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing an 8-wire Westinghouse 3-speed fan switch in a ceiling fan. The tags originally placed on the wires, from the mounted fan unit, have come off and I am left with guessing which wires go where. As memory serves me, there is are two black leads, one or two blue leads, and I believe a...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan- replacing 2 wire light switch [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the light is not working ( there are 3 globes ) . I bought a "2 wire light switch" from Lowe's and was told the piece is interchangeable. I know that Home Depot sells Hampton Bay products, but Lowe's is closer. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, but...

Need help replacing a 5-8 wire ceiling fan switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a 3 speed, 5-8 wire fan switch with a Harbor Breeze switch. The old switch has numbers 1-Blue wire, 2-Red wire, 3-Orange wire, 4-? and C-Black wire. I don't know which wire was in 4 as it fell out. The old switch is single layered with connection holes and the black wire...

View more questions Search