Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakri22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Water heater not working due to water flooding
    My basement in a duplex flooded and took out pilot lights for both water heaters. They are both manual igniting pilots. I was able to light one of them. The second heater is not releasing gas when I press the pilot button like the 1st one did. I don't smell any gas and the pilot is not lighting either. Could there be water in the gas line and if so how can I fix that?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:14 PM

The answer is yes to a point, if you had gas pressure on the pilot line while it was flooded there probably is not any water in the pilot line. But the pilot orfice at the pilot could be stopped up with rust or crud. Turn gas off at the wall take the pilot and burner out of the heater and unscrew the pilot line at the pilot and take the orfice out and clean it with a pin. DO NOT MAKE THE ORFICE HOLE ANY LARGER.
    bakri22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 08:19 PM

That worked! Thank you and God Bless you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heater not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a single Mom on a tight budget. My hot water heater stopped heating the water. After pushing the reset button it workedd for about 2 showers. I replaced the thermostat myself and the water was really hot but didn't last much longer. The water heater is 4 years old and doesn't look...

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Buderus gas water heater - low water light on & stopped working after 3 months [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! We had a Buderus gas water heater installed in October 2008 (for both hot water and heating). It worked fine until a few weeks ago, when it stopped working suddenly, and the sensor showed that there wasn't enough water (low water light was on); after a couple of hours (or less), it...

Select State water heater fails due to electrical problems? [ 3 Answers ]

In 01/06 my plumber installed a Select State water heater in my garage. On 09/07 I had no hot water. The same plumber came out and "rebuilt" the water heating and said it most likely was struck by lightenting. We had no lighteneing! On 12/10 I again had no hot water, therefore, called the...

No hot water - hot water heater and cold working [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! Its freezing out and we have NO hot water! Cold is working fine everywhere - but nothing comes out of the hot side anywhere. The hot water heater appears to be working? Did the hot water pipes freeze? Why the hot side and not the cold? Please help.

View more questions Search