Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sstiffler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
    How do I replace the filter on my Trane X 80 furnace?
    I cannot get the panels off the furnace to get inside where the filter is located.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:00 PM

Not being there it would be a hard guess,, there are several different ways a return air filter can be installed
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:07 PM

Describe your furnace and duct situation. Is it up flow or down flow or is it in the attic laying on it's side. Give some info and we will try to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you change the air filter for a Trane XB90 [ 3 Answers ]

It's in my crawl space and I cannot figure out where the air filter is?

Where is the filter on my Trane XL80? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, please don't laugh. I've read the owner's manual and the Trane site a couple times now. It's totally gobbledygook to me. So here are my silly questions: --The manual talks about upflow, upflow installed horizontally, and downflow. Our unit has the "grated" part on the bottom, which I...

Repair or Replace Trane XV80 Variable Speed 2 Stage Furnace? [ 28 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Trane XV80 Variable Speed High Efficiency Two Stage furnace that has done a great job heating my home until it stopped working this weekend. The service man identified that the gas valve needs to be replaced and quoted $617 for the repair while suggesting that we really should...

Trane XL80 Air Filter [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and her husband recently purchased their house and are remodeling. I asked about the filter in the furnace if they had changed it with all the dust caused by the remodel. It has not been changed so I went to change it and cannot locate the filter anywhere. I thought it would be in the...

Replace filter for Miller furnace that looks like sponge [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Miller furnace installed as a replacement unit aprox. 2 yrs. Ago. It has a filter that looks like a piece of very thin sponge and I have no idea where to find a replacement. I have inquired at Home Depot and Lowe's to no available. Thought I had found something but it was for an air...

View more questions Search