Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pputman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Is it better to buy a single phase or 2 phase furnace?
    Getting a new hvac system and not sure if I should get a singe or 2 phase heater?
    What are the benefits? Is the 2 phase more energy efficient and phase one going away?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 05:41 PM

If this is residential, it will be single phase for 120 or 240 volts.
    If this was commercial, you may want to go 3 phase.
    I have never seen 2 phase. I have heard the phrase.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 06:02 PM

You mean stage not phase? A 2 stage unit saves gas, but is more expencive. Most regular gas furnaces are 95% eff now anyway so inless you are going to put out the money for a modulating gas valve unit then I would go with the single stage unit.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 06:25 PM

2 Phase Power Systems and Two-Phase Electric Solutions
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:44 PM

Have you shopped for an AC unit yet. If not I think the only thing that you will be offered is a single phase or a three phase. Unless you live in an area that the electric company has made provisions for three phase you will either have to go with single phase or pay for the Electrie company to bring three phase to your neighborhood, that can be very expensive.

Most residential AC's now are single phase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I know if my house use a single-phase or triple phase electric panel breaker? [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to buy the "plug and save", but I do not know what kind of phase panel I do have... how can I check what is the one I have? Thanks!

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

What's more energy efficient single phase or 3 phase and what's harder on the equip? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, I would like some advice from anyone willing to offer. I'm starting an ice cream business and I'm collecting used soft serve machines. Apparently, there are used machines configured for single phase and 3 phase 208V 240V etc... I would like to know which phase a voltage is more economical...

Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am new this community... You are doing great job of knowledge transfer... My question: Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply? Please clear my doubt... :confused:

208 volt3 phase why to single phase 120 volt [ 4 Answers ]

Supply is from 75 kva transformer, 3 phase delta /y three wire feeding a 30 amp breaker. 100 feet down stream is a junction box that I want to tap and produce a 120 v single phase ( 20 amp CB) supply. The junction box feeds a 6 amp motor

View more questions Search