Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Making Pavers for Sidewalks. What About Different Colorants to Use?
    Hi, All!

Would like to make my own pavers for around my yard. Forms and concrete aren't a problem. Already have one plastic form for rectangular ones. Can make any other forms that I might need or want.

But, what about the colorants to use? The ones available seem to be really expensive, especially if a person is going to make a lot of bricks.

Traditional red is fine. Would like to maybe experiment with other colors.

Would just using a high quality latex paint be okay to use as a colorant? Would seem to be a lot less expensive if doing that.

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

What Kind of Cement is Most Often Used to Make Floors, Sidewalks, Stairs, Etc. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, All! There wasn't enough room for my whole title, so I had to shorten it a bit. Okay. I'd like to start making some things that I'll manufacture out of cement. These things might include floors, sidewalks, stairs, paving bricks as well as maybe seats, and lawn ornaments. I'm looking...

How to reseal pavers [ 0 Answers ]

I have a customer who had her driveway and patio sealed. She told me that it looked shiney in spots and dull in spots. What needs to be done to correct this situation.

Seal pavers [ 1 Answers ]

How to seal pavers pool pavers

Cracking Pavers [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a brick paver walkway and the prep is 10" of compacted 3/4" gravel compacted every 3" and then I take two 1-1/4" pipes for level and level the stone dust lay the pavers and then use the compactor over that and the pavers I bought from Lowe's are cracking as I vibrate them down. ...

Laying pavers [ 1 Answers ]

How do I figure how much sand I need to cover 72 square feet of space with 2 inches of sand?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.