Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 12:07 AM
    If the pattern appears to change because of the sun hitting the glass, then you probably have condensation between the panes of glass that is able to move once the sun hits it. Having condensation would mean that you have a leak or leaks in the seal somewhere.

To make sure that what is happening for the glass to appear not clean in some way, I would suggest going over both of the sides that you can reach with lacquer thinner using a very clean rag and then another very clean rag to do the drying. White paper towels without any color at all on them could also be used for the drying.

Please be sure to have adequate ventilation and wear protective gloves if you decide to try the lacquer thinner.

Did you have the window installed or did it come that way with the home, please?
    abbydog1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Hi clough. I had the windows installed 10 years ago. The sun does not make the pattern change it just makes it more visible. Trying to clean it makes the pattern change. It almost seems like your just pushing the smears around. Thanks again for your concern

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whip computer clean & reinstall windows [ 3 Answers ]

I would like know what software I need to whip my system clean. Thank you David

Clean light blinks and dishwasher won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Clean light blinks and won't shut off. Dishwasher won't run

Clean light blinks and dishwasher won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Clean light blinks and won't shut off. Dishwaser won't run

Kenmore built in dishwasher green clean light keeps flashing and won't go off [ 0 Answers ]

Not allowing me to turn the dishwasher on to do dishes I tried to trip the breaker and the green light just keeps flashing

Whirlpool won't clean [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a dishwasher about 4 months ago and it worked great until about a month ago. It stopped cleaning and instead started spraying food particles all over the dishwasher, we've cleaned it out more than once, but its still spraying gunk. HELP!

View more questions Search