Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssargen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch.
    I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the receiver that came with the fan? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Try it, if the control is RF it should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Remote Switch For HAmpton Bay Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote switch that manages both the light and fan. It has been acting as if it has a mind of its own. It comes on after it has been shut off. Replaced the battery in the wall switch and it still acts strange. Am I missing something? How do I fix it? It has worked well for years.

Remote switch for a hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay windward 2 gossamer fan controlled by a handheld remote. The remote functions all work fine (light. Speeds, reverse, etc... ). The problem is finding a wall switch to match the fan. The fan obviously has a receiver built into the motor head unit for the remote to function, but...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Hampton bay Ceiling fan wall control [ 10 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay delano ceiling fan, it came with a wall wired remote control. The wall remote uses rf to control the fan, it is wired into the house electrics. The wall remote has 2 black wires and a green ground. Both of the black wires have a note that says not to wire them into the white...

View more questions Search