Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vietvet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 06:42 AM
    Ceiling fan remote control wiring
    I removed a ceiling fan (Hampton Bay) which had a lower light also. The wires from the ceiling were 1black,1white ,1red and the ground. It was operated by 3 wall switches. One was for the fan and one for the light separately (these2 switches were next to one another), the 3rd switch was in the hallway as you walked in from the garage.
    My question is that the fan I have so far installed in the ceiling is a minkaAire model f-707.
    The receiver I attached at the ceiling was white to white and red with black to the black. The wall control has 2black wires and 1 green ground, neither black can be attached to white. When I pulled the switches from the wall 1 has 2black to them one is pushed inside the upper hole and 1 is a wrap around the lower screw. The other switch is wider and the connections are white to the upper and red to the upper next to the white and then red to the lower where the screw color is black. Which way would I attach the 2 black wires from this Wall Control?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 07:08 PM

At the ceiling, connect white to white and black to black.

At the wall, connect the new wall switch to the two black wires that connect to the old switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control wiring help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise...

Wiring a ceiling fan with remote control [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a remote control. The trouble I'm having is with the remote receiver. There are two wires that connect to the home wiring a white and a black wire. I know they connect to the white and black home wire, but I also have a home wire that is red, and I...

Wiring a remote control ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

We are trying to install a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan. There is a black and a white wire from the fan motor, and also a green ground wire. The wires coming from the ceiling are black, red and yellow. If the black goes to black, what color goes to the white from the fan motor? ...

Wiring a remote control ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to wire a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a wireless remote, on a double switch. One switch turns the lights on and the other turns the fan on.

Wiring a ceiling fan with remote control [ 5 Answers ]

I have existing wiring and switches in which the two ceiling fans with lights were controlled by a switch and so were the fans. I am replacing both with remote control fans. My problem now is that the remote sensor on each fan only has a black and a white wire and from the ceiling are a black,...

View more questions Search