Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebmining Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Intek motor 16.5hp problems
    The big end bolts have loosened on both motors could this be oil to heavy

Check out some similar questions!

How to dismantle a briggs & stratton 18.5HP Intek engine [ 2 Answers ]

Our Briggs & Stratton (Craftsman) rider mower quit working a few weeks ago. Sears came out and while they do not know what exactly is wrong with it, as it does not crank or turn they want to fit new engine or re-cond. One no less than $1000! My husband is trying to work out what caused it to die. ...

B&S 18.5hp OHV Intek must run with choke on- no power [ 2 Answers ]

Craftsman DYT4000 mower with Briggs & Stratton 18.5hp OHV Intek engine started putting out some black smoke when starting last week. Today it started fine, put out a puff of black smoke, and seemed to run fine until I started to mow. It died as though it was fuel starved. Restarts easily but will...

Intek 18.5hp starts but seems to starve for gas [ 2 Answers ]

My Craftsman lawn mower LT2000 has a Intek 18.5hp OHV engine, I done maintenance on it by replacing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and spark plug, It started OK and ran for a while letting me mow the lawn once, then next time it stopped running shortly after I started mowing the lawn,...

B&S 18.5HP Intek, oil/gas coming from fuel pump [ 5 Answers ]

Gas comes out of the screen on my fuel pump and the engine smokes like it's on FIRE when its under a heavy load. I replaced the fuel pump but this did not help. Someone suggested the crankcase vent might be stopped up, but I can't find a vent anywhere. The engine starts fine and idles without...

Problems with 16.5hp B&S Motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 HP B&S motor, OHV. I have replaced the ignition switch, the battery, the solenoid and the fuel soleninoid. The motor ran when shooting starting fluid in it and dies right down. I pulled the main carb jet out and cleaned it, it appeared gummed up. The mower had been running fine...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.