Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wblee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 11:49 PM
    Can't get kaspersky software installed
    I have an acer laptop running windows vista home edition with 3gbs of ram. When I install kaspersky, it tells me that I need to uninstall macafee which I can't find in my install/uninstall programs. However, I do have a program called "security center" factory installed on the laptop,could that be it? And again I don't see where it can be uninstalled. Kaspersky gives me the option to have macafee be uninstalled automatically, when I take that option it says to restart the computer to complete installation of kaspersky. When I restart, it keeps bringing me back to the very beginning of the installation program and back to the restart part to complete installation. Can you help? Thank you in advance.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 06:15 PM

This should work by just using the mcafee uninstall tool

# Click on the following link to download the MCPR removal tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

# Close all McAfee Application windows you may have open, and double-click on MCPR.exe to start the removal tool.

Windows Vista users will have to right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator"

# After the removal tool finishes, you should be prompted to restart your computer.

# Once the computer restarts, your McAfee product should be uninstalled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I'm seling my computer is it Legal to leave Commercial software installed on it? [ 1 Answers ]

So that the buyers can get some software to use instead of giving them some empty computer.

NOD and Kaspersky collapse [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed NOD 32 antivirus software on my computer .Yesterday I installed Kaspersky without uninstalling.Then I restarted the computer.When it started ,NOD and Kasper appeared at the same time and no programs was working, not even "start button " , Task manager did not work too .I couldn't...

System hangs because of kaspersky [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed kaspersky server ver 6.0.3.837 in my server 2003 that was good until last 10 days but now I am having a problem with this one . Kaspersky scans the system and utilizes all the memeory and hangs the system up so when we try to access the server remotely we can't because there is no...

How to move kaspersky updates from PC to other... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, want to ask you; How to move kaspersky updates from PC to other... I need to move the updates from my notebook to my desktop PC, because I have no modem, network, wireless card in... :confused:

View more questions Search