Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolarrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Native american bracelet hallmark
    I have a cuff bracelet that my mother purchased at a trading post many years ago. It is sterling silver with turquiose and tortoise shell in the shape of a thunderbird(?) or a Kachina in the middle.. I'm not sure exactly and what looks like a fan on either side. The hallmark on the back was hand scribed not stamped and is hard to make out. It looks like an M with either a P or D attached to it and maybe a J or an S hanging off the bottom of the second letter. I took pictures and will try to upload them to photobucket and post a link later. Does anybody know who this artist is? My mom said she thought the guy she purchased it from was Navajo.

Check out some similar questions!

Native american bracelet repair [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I locate the maker of a multistone bracelet marked sterling F . Some of the stones fell out and I could not find them and need to see how much it will cost to replace them.

Native American Bracelet Hallmark? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to identify a Native American Turquoise bracelet. It has a hall mark on one side which is a underlined P_ on the other side there is a shape like a 4 pointed crown or claw(first claw narrow) over a C or crescent. The stone is a greenish, rounded triangular shape about an inch in...

Hallmark on a native american bracelet [ 1 Answers ]

This bracelet was purchased in the 1940s purportedly Navajo but it could be any tribe. It's inlaid with turquoise, coral, shell and sterling pieces, with high work, not flat, a heavy sterling piece, weighs about 130 grams. The hallmark is a backwards upper case D followed by a frontwards upper case...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.