Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walowry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Long Term Capital Gains?
    I used TaxAct to do my 2005 taxes. During 2005 I sold stock that I held for more than 2 years. When I reviewed the TaxAct print out, there was no discount on the gains from the stock sale. When I sold stock in the past (long term), only a portion of the gains was recorded as income. Is long term still available? If so, what form should I review to correctly show my stock sale.

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 17, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Double-check to make sure you entered the correct dates for When Purchased and When Sold.

Check Schedule D for the computations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital gains [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,this inquiry is about taxes on a sale I made this year(2006)sales price 425,000$,bought in (2004)for 130,000$,made net profit of 269,000$,bought new house for 155,000$,put about 50,000$ in new house,was unaware that one time exemption maybe not in use,my age is (65),thank,s whisky4

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

Capital Gains [ 2 Answers ]

My parents, residence of Florida (Father 70 retired/disability) (Mother 62 still working RN) are selling their personal residence after 12 years of ownership. They will become renters and live off the sale of the house along with retirement income for the rest of their lives. How do they avoid...

Short-term capital gains from stock sales [ 2 Answers ]

"Short-term stock gains are taxed as ordinary income. Therefore, the nominal tax rate will be whatever tax bracket you are in. More explicitly, it will be taxed at the federal tax rate (bracket) as determined by your taxable (not gross) income line on your federal tax return." If all of my income...

View more questions Search