Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jinxz Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2010, 12:25 AM
    Pesco-Vegetarian
    Hi once more!

Im not too sure where to put this question because its concerning a few topics.
    But basically. Ive been a pesco vegetarian for a year now (A person who eats seafood but not other meats) because I love animals dearly and wouldn't like to eat them or have them go through such cruel ways of getting slaughtered for my next meal. But as you see, this means red meats, yet I eat sea food. I dearly love seafood. But I kind of feel bad for those fishies and such (Also, my friends make fun of me, saying Im not even a vegetarian). But I heard from a old friend that fish don't have much brain intelligence or many nerves, so when they are killed, they don't feel it as much so they die easier and quicker. This idea helped me feel much better about eating them, but Im not sure if this is true. Can anyone tell me any information about this? Is it really quick and painless (Not including dolphins, whales, or such mammals as this, Id never eat them. Concerning various fish, scallops, other shell fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, etc)?
    Oh and what's better for health/enviroment/fish, for them to be caught in the wild? Or for them to be raised in farms? (I always see stickers on salmon for these kinds of things, but what's the difference? Pros and cons?)

Thanks in advance!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 30, 2010, 06:11 AM

I have read in a magazine I subscribe to, "Heart Healthy Living" that salmon caught in the wild are better for a person than farm raised salmon. Because of the Omega-3 content.

I don't have any reference to to the quick and painless question. My question would be - just how do you define quick and painless?
    Jinxz Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2010, 12:03 AM

Oh okay.
    And my definition would be something around the means of them being killed quickly, within minutes of being caught and not left to struggle for a long while and such. Something humane..
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Aug 4, 2010, 07:31 AM

My family used to fish, sometimes three times a week in the Summer and all our family vacations involved fishing. Quick and painless meant a blow to the head, rather than let the fish die from lack of ability to breathe.
    Oddboots Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Aug 6, 2010, 02:12 AM
    Don't kid yourself. Fish are living things like cows, sheep or poultry.

If you want to be vegetarian, don't eat fish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vegetarian food [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that vegetarians could not eat jello. Jello is only made up of sugar and water. Is this a lie? If not why can they not eat that type of food? :confused:

Vegetarian meals [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and thoroughly enjoying it. Now, a question, please! For reasons of both health and economy I am trying to cook more vegetarian meals. The problem is, everything I produce seems to taste of the same three things - tomato, garlic and chili. Please...

Becoming a Vegetarian [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian and I have been eating meat for all of my life until now . If I stop eating meat all of the sudden will I get sick or something and are than any tips or special guidelines to follow while being a vegetarian?

Vegetarian Dogs [ 23 Answers ]

Last night, a co-worker and I got into an interesting conversation. My co-worker is a self-proclaimed Buddhist/vegetarian. A lot of people at work give him crap about it and tease him. I asked him in a joking manner if he was opposed to meat eating animals such as lions. He said no, but the...

Vegetarian [ 10 Answers ]

My problem is I'm a vegetarian. I want to be, and I am. Too bad my parents won't accept that. I don't eat meat. And I have absoutley no problem when other people do. I just don't like it. I've only reciently confronted my parents about my non meat eating choices. And they've gone balistic. My...

View more questions Search