Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zhander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
    Why is it better to tenderize meat in a pressure cooker than in ordinary cooking pot
    Why is it better to tenderize meat in a pressure cooker than in ordinary cooking pot
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 11:36 PM

In a pressure cooker, the meat will be softer because of the high pressure which allows a higher temperature of cooking and will be ready more quickly.
    alexanderia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 07:23 PM
    A normal pressure cooker or any type of pressure cooker has a tightly fitted lid. This prevents any liquid or steam to escape, therefore the steam produced from the small amount of water in the pot is used to heat the meat. As the pressure increases in the pot this causes the temperature to rise. Such heat is used to break the connective tissue which binds the protein linkages together. This assist in softening the meat.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 08:14 AM

To elucidate: In a pressure cooker, due to the high pressure, the boiling point of water increases to 122 Celsius which is how it allows hotter cooking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital pressure cooker [ 0 Answers ]

Hello all new to this site but am loving it I bought a digital pressure cooker last Dec and have only used it once got it off QVC the instructions are very vague I called the company and they were no help either . So I spent too much money not to use it if any one can help me with...

Cooking in a Crock Pot [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone :D I have a crock pot at home that I want to start using. I was thinking about making black eyes peas and chili in it. Does anyone know any basic directions on how to make black eyes peas and chili?? Not together... seperate. I just want to learn how to make it. Thanks!

Cooking ground meat [ 24 Answers ]

:confused: Could some one tell me the proper way to cook ground meat for say Hamburger Helper or for use in Mexican food? I have a slight disagreement with a family member about this. Thanks, Prairie Son:cool:

What is pressure cooker [ 8 Answers ]

How does a pressure cooker work ? Explain why the time to cook something is so much shorter

Canning using a pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

I am canning carrots with a pressure cooker. I used quarts and have some left over so I want to use pints. The pressure cooker booklet says it holds max of 10 pint jars. Can I do say 4 at a time? That's about all I have left would be. Would this change the time or pressure?

View more questions Search