Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jul 22, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Graphics card drivers
    Hi guys I need to find 2 graphics card drivers, 1 is for a compaq presario 2500 laptop - running windows 7, and the other is an Asus A8J laptop -also running windows 7, both manufactures websites only have the drivers for XP, any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Bahumut
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 11:47 PM
    The Asus laptop seems to use nVidia drivers. Go to this page on the laptop:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

And choose the "Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products." option. You'll need to be using Internet Explorer for this I believe.

For the Compaq 2500 laptop, I'd need to know the exact model number (2500 is a series of laptops) to help you find the exact driver. IF it's not nVidia though, chances are it's ATI and drivers for those can be found at:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Jul 25, 2010, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the help, couldn't find the correct driver for the compaq the graphics card is an ati rs200m if that helps

Cheers Bahamut
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 10:35 PM
    Is there a sticker on the bottom on the Compaq with it's exact model & model? It'll look like something like the one on this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ct=212728#N937
    (Click the bit that says "View the model and product numbers printed on the Service Tag").

Look for what's number 1 on those pictures and type it into the search box on this page: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support_task.html. It's the 2nd search box, near the left of the page, not the one at the top. That should take you to where you can find your drivers. If not, post the number here and I'll look for you.

Jul 25, 2010, 10:44 PM

I did what you said but on that site I couldn't find an option for windows 7 the number on the bottom of this 1 is "2548ai"
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 01:03 AM
    Looks like Windows 7 isn't supported with your graphics card and maybe not even Vista is supported! ATI recommend that any unsupported cards don't upgrade to Windows 7 (certain graphical features aren't supported). If you still want to try Windows 7, you could try the latest Catalyst Mobility driver but I have no idea what that will do:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...b_win7-64.aspx

Personally, I'd say stick to the operating system that came with the PC (I'm guessing XP). You're not gain much from upgrading to Windows 7. You'll get some extra eye candy but it will probably just slow your laptop down.

Jul 26, 2010, 02:28 PM

Thanks for that, was fixing the damn thing for a friend ill try that driver and let you know what happens :)

Cheers Bahamut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What graphics card should I get? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a new dell desktop. I really want something I can play all new games on, and I will be majoring in computer science. I am wondering which type I should buy? On these desktops I can choose from NVidia GeForce GTX 260 1792MB ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon HD...

Graphics Card [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy some games for my laptop but when I bought my laptop (2 years ago) I didn't think of what kind of graphics card it came with. Can anyone explain how do I know which graphics cardsare better than others. When I look at some of the game requirements they say like "must have a <Insert...

Graphics card [ 12 Answers ]

Hey there! I have a Dell 5150 Series and was looking to update the graphics card, how ever I have a spare graphics card but it seems too big for the computer, is there any other sort of graphics card I could buy for my machine? :)

New Graphics Card [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9800pro. I want a new AGP graphics card with a good performance increase from this for about £100. PCI-E is out of the question so don't bother. Also the graphics on my MOBO is DDR, will other types of DDR such as DDR2 and DDR3 graphics cards work on this? The MOBO is an Abit V-10.

Need help with a new graphics card [ 4 Answers ]

OK the help I need is some generous soul to lend me $1999 for This Stonker !!!. I'll even time share it if you want ;)

View more questions Search