Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ImmortalKiss Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Long Distance help?
    My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship, we both live east coast US but cannot see one another for quite some time because of multiple reasons. What are some ways I can show him how much I love him and things we can do to keep our relationship strong until we can finally be together. Our age difference is a pretty big one so there are some, but few limitations. We're going pretty strong as of now, some fun things to do as input would be nice to have regardless :) Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 06:38 PM

You are 15(?), how old is he??
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 06:49 PM

Why is he in one place and you in another? Did you meet him online?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 09:02 PM

Why such a big age difference?

Jul 23, 2010, 07:06 AM

We just got along really well when we were friends and then hit it off when we started dating. It just sort of happened.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 09:02 AM

Have you ever met this guy in person?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 02:13 PM

At this stage that age difference is extreme. And most likely inappropriate and illegal depending on what's being said. You should consider other options.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 02:15 PM

Okay, so you are 15 and he is 20 (from what he told you on the internet). How can you be so sure he isn't 40 or 50? Maybe a child predator.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Okay, so you are 15 and he is 20 (from what he told you on the internet). How can you be so sure he isn't 40 or 50? Maybe a child predator.
    She doesn't and I'll bet he's at least forty and a pervert. . Maybe her parents don't know.:(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalKiss View Post
    when we started dating
    What does this mean?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What does this mean?
    How do you date when you've never met? I would love to hear the answer.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jul 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    How do you date when you've never met? I would love to hear the answer.
    I agree. Something doesn't sound right.

Jul 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

I'm not referring to help or making a long distance relationship by doing anything illegal, just as an FYI.

I know I'm 15 years old and I'm ignorant to say the least, but why must everyone, even teenagers my age, consider the internet to contain nothing but bad people and bad things? I haven't met him in person, though things like web cam chat, phone calls, pictures, IM's are things that we exchange. One person at the least will say something like "he could be lying to you" or something along the lines of faking a web cam chat etc. etc. I'm cautious enough that I can tell when something is fake or suspicious. My friend's are also familiar with him. I actually began talking to him because he was friends with one of my closest friends. Just stating a few points, but all I asked was for simple things that the two of us could do that we can have fun doing and make our relationship stronger. I have found however that I cannot obtain that information here.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 02:51 PM
    I'm not referring to help or making a long distance relationship by doing anything illegal, just as an FYI.

I know I'm 15 years old and I'm ignorant to say the least, but why must everyone, even teenagers my age, consider the internet to contain nothing but bad people and bad things? I haven't met him in person, though things like web cam chat, phone calls, pictures, IM's are things that we exchange. One person at the least will say something like "he could be lying to you" or something along the lines of faking a web cam chat etc. etc. I'm cautious enough that i can tell when something is fake or suspicious. My friend's are also familiar with him. I actually began talking to him because he was friends with one of my closest friends. Just stating a few points, but all i asked was for simple things that the two of us could do that we can have fun doing and make our relationship stronger. I have found however that I cannot obtain that information here.
    Now you're finally telling us things ("he was friends with one of my best friends") that you could have clued us in about right from the get-go. Instead of talking about "dating," now you're asking for simple ideas that the two of you can do together. And you "cannot obtain that information here" only because you hadn't told us the whole story.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 02:53 PM

I know I'm 15 years old and I'm ignorant to say the least, but why must everyone, even teenagers my age, consider the internet to contain nothing but bad people and bad things? I haven't met him in person, though things like web cam chat, phone calls, pictures, IM's are things that we exchange. One person at the least will say something like "he could be lying to you" or something along the lines of faking a web cam chat etc. etc. I'm cautious enough that i can tell when something is fake or suspicious. My friend's are also familiar with him. I actually began talking to him because he was friends with one of my closest friends. Just stating a few points, but all i asked was for simple things that the two of us could do that we can have fun doing and make our relationship stronger. I have found however that I cannot obtain that information here.

No I'm afraid if you came here looking for what you want to hear... You
    Aren't going to find it here. We try to give teens such as yourself advice that will keep them safe. Going out with a guy you've never met and who
    You say your friends know him is asking for trouble.

Do you want to end up a statistic in the newspaper or with your picture plastered everywhere saying "Have You Seen This Girl"? It happens every single day and I hope your parents (and I think they are) are smart enough to keep an eye on you.

If I though one of my daughters were having an on line romance with someone older whom they had never seen, their laptop would go out the window and I would personally hunt the guy down and beat the living crap out of him.

You do this thing and you stand a chance of getting your Dad in trouble, cause my guess is if he knew the guy he would take a baseball bat to him. Grow Up.

Jul 26, 2010, 03:14 PM

Thank you for confirming, I'm sorry I was so outright without sharing details in the first place.

Jul 26, 2010, 03:19 PM

I wish you'd keep my parents, Father especially out of this. He's rightfully in jail for the next 40 years of his life.

I see your concern as a mother but my mom does know however that him and I were talking. She was slightly concerned but did lots of background on the guy, well background that was available like what college he went to etc. and she said he checked out fine but wasn't really pleased that I was talking to someone who had that amount of years on me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Thank you for confirming, I'm sorry i was so outright without sharing details in the first place.
    What do you mean, you were "so outright"? I've never heard that expression before.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What do you mean, you were "so outright"? I've never heard that expression before.

Outright! How?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Outright! How?
    Do you know what she means, Kit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

Long Distance [ 34 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend and I have been together for 21 months and we keep a long distance relationship(130 miles). We have been basically living together right from the first week we met, that is, he would stay at my place two full weeks a month. Only last April we started to talk about moving to the...

Long Distance [ 8 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kind of far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search