Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babysatan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Can my boss take money out of my check if I excepted a bad check?
    I excepted a bad check and my boss deducted it out of my check without my knowledge
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 03:18 PM

Is it a small business or larger company that you work for? Is there a policy manual? Were you taught how to find out if a check is bad or not before you accepted it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 03:18 PM

Hello baby:

If you followed store procedure then he CAN'T make you pay for it.

The question is, what do you want to DO about it. Jobs are scarce these days, and if you fight, like I think you SHOULD, he's going to fire you. So, it depends on HOW MUCH he's deducting, and how easily you can find another job.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A bad check or a good check [ 1 Answers ]

How can you tell if a check is bad or good?

Can my boss take money out of my check with out permission? [ 3 Answers ]

My employer fired me resently without any notice and than deducted without my permission $106 from my paycheck with the explannation being an "Exam Fee". When I called her to ask what this fee was she stated that it was for all the pre employment testing that she had required I have before I could...

Landlord excepted prorated check cashed it and decided to charge full month rent [ 2 Answers ]

We had let our land lords know that we would be able to afford full month rent and wrote a check for a prorated amount they excepted the check and cashed it the next day. The following day after we were already moved out she called and told us she would still be charging us for the full month. Can...

BAD CHECK IN MD UNDER $300 on a check older than 2 years old be prosecuted [ 1 Answers ]

There were some checks written in md on a closed account under $300 to a store, they were cleared in a bankruptcy, but never cleared through the store. The question Can criminal charges be filed in md on a check older than 2years old if they were written on a closed account Can criminal...

State of WA. My old boss won't send me my check! [ 3 Answers ]

Normally we get paid on the 16th, and the boss just writes out a simple check, however I moved home to Oregon, and now my old boss will not answer my phone calls, and told the other employees not to transfer my calls to her when I call the restaurant. I don't want to drag this out much longer, but...

View more questions Search