Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexpie Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Beginner Credit Card User
    Im applying for a discover student credit card. I just want to know how to maintain good credit and not get it debt. Any tips?

many thanks :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Keep on top of the payments.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 AM

Hello a:

Pay off the balance every month.

excon
    alexpie Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2010, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the tip
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2010, 10:50 AM

Those are two separate issues. To maintain good credit, make sure you make payments on time. To not get into debt, don't use the card for anything you can't afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Responsibilities of an authorized user of credit card [ 1 Answers ]

The principal is my daughter and I'm an authorized user. I closed my account several years ago but my daughter accumulated over $7000 without my knowledge. When I pulled my credit report I was shocked to see her balance reflected on mine, affecting my credit score. 1. Am I also legally...

First time credit card user [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to get my first credit card from capital one with my credit limit being $ 500. I have 0% APR until may 2009 and after that it will be 19.8% APR. I wanted to know what will be the best way to pay my bill on time since I have a job that doesn't pay that much but I get paid every week. I was...

Credit card authorized user [ 6 Answers ]

Hello people, I am new here but, I wanted advise from some experts on my problem. I wanted to know if I could be sued or held responsible for a debt as a Authorized user on a credit card account in Ontario Canada. I searched this site but haven't been able to find my exact circumstances. The...

First time credit card user [ 19 Answers ]

For first time credit card user Is 11.99% is reasonable rate? With mastercard no annual fee. Earning world points What do you think about the 95 cents per $100 protection fee? What would you suggest? Thanks.:)

Credit card authorized user [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have a credit card issued by (Washington Mutual bank) from almost 3 years ago.. and I added my wife as an authorized user immediately after I received the card... after one year Citi bank sent us two new credit cards cause the old one has been expired so I knew that Washington mutual bank...

View more questions Search