Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asizel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 08:05 AM
    1. A random sample .
    1. A random sample of size 49 is taken from a large population, measuring the time it takes to complete a driver’s license examination. The sample mean was found to be 47 minutes, and the sample standard deviation 5.89 minutes. Construct a 95% confidence interval around the sample mean. Be sure to show whether you use the t- or z- value, and what value you use. Even though you are normally “allowed” to use an approximate value of “t” or “z” for this percent confidence, I want you to use the exact value appropriate for these circumstances. Interpret the confidence interval in a single sentence. In another sentence, state why you used either the “t” or the “z”.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 08:14 AM

Thanks for copying your homework. We don't do homework here.

Maybe someone who has the time and patience will come along but I think we all did our own homework. Now it's time for you to do yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability including finding it using a random sample? [ 7 Answers ]

A new muscle relaxant is available. Researchers from the firm developing the relaxant have done studies that indicate that the time lapse between administration of the drug and beginning effects of the drug is normally distributed, with mean of 38 minutes and standard deviation of 5 minutes. a....

In a random sample of 200 persons having their lunch at the University cafeteria on m [ 1 Answers ]

In a random sample of 200 persons having their lunch at the University cafeteria on meatless day it was observed that 30 percent preferred vegetable dishes. i. Find 95% confidence interval for p. ii. How large a sample is needed if we want to be 95% confident that our estimate of is within 0.02?

View more questions Search