Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maribel05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Can I become a teacher in Florida with a grand theft Auto felony?
    When I was 14 years old on Nov. of 2000 I was charged with grand theft auto (felony). I want to go to school to be a teacher, but I don't know if I can. ON my desposition it says I was withheld adjudication of delinquency.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 07:45 PM

If you were a minor convicted of a crime and you have been on the straight and narrow ever since then you can have the records exsponged and sealed. You will have to apply with the courts of record. But if you can have that done then you get a fresh start as if it never happened.
    jukeleft Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Skip to Navigation | Skip to Main Content | Skip to Site Map

MyFloridaHouse.gov | Flsenate.gov Archives

Senate Tracker: Sign Up | Login

Go to Bill: 2013 2012O 2012B 2012 2011 2010A 2010O

Home
    Senators

Committees

Session

Laws

Media

About

Offices

Reference

Tracker

Home > Laws > The 2012 Florida Statutes > Title XLVIII > Chapter 1012 > Section 315

2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVIII
    K-20 EDUCATION CODE

Chapter 1012
    PERSONNEL

View Entire Chapter

11012.315 Disqualification from employment.—A person is ineligible for educator certification, and instructional personnel and school administrators, as defined in s. 1012.01, are ineligible for employment in any position that requires direct contact with students in a district school system, charter school, or private school that accepts scholarship students under s. 1002.39 or s. 1002.395, if the person, instructional personnel, or school administrator has been convicted of:
    (1) Any felony offense prohibited under any of the following statutes:
    (a) Section 393.135, relating to sexual misconduct with certain developmentally disabled clients and reporting of such sexual misconduct.

(b) Section 394.4593, relating to sexual misconduct with certain mental health patients and reporting of such sexual misconduct.

(c) Section 415.111, relating to adult abuse, neglect, or exploitation of aged persons or disabled adults.

(d) Section 782.04, relating to murder.

(e) Section 782.07, relating to manslaughter, aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, aggravated manslaughter of a child, or aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.

(f) Section 784.021, relating to aggravated assault.

(g) Section 784.045, relating to aggravated battery.

(h) Section 784.075, relating to battery on a detention or commitment facility staff member or a juvenile probation officer.

(I) Section 787.01, relating to kidnapping.

(j) Section 787.02, relating to false imprisonment.

(k) Section 787.025, relating to luring or enticing a child.

(l) Section 787.04(2), relating to leading, taking, enticing, or removing a minor beyond the state limits, or concealing the location of a minor, with criminal intent pending custody proceedings.

(m) Section 787.04(3), relating to leading, taking, enticing, or removing a minor beyond the state limits, or concealing the location of a minor, with criminal intent pending dependency proceedings or proceedings concerning alleged abuse or neglect of a minor.

(n) Section 790.115(1), relating to exhibiting firearms or weapons at a school-sponsored event, on school property, or within 1,000 feet of a school.

(o) Section 790.115(2)(b), relating to possessing an electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon at a school-sponsored event or on school property.

(p) Section 794.011, relating to sexual battery.

(q) Former s. 794.041, relating to sexual activity with or solicitation of a child by a person in familial or custodial authority.

(r) Section 794.05, relating to unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.

(s) Section 794.08, relating to female genital mutilation.

(t) Chapter 796, relating to prostitution.

(u) Chapter 800, relating to lewdness and indecent exposure.

(v) Section 806.01, relating to arson.

(w) Section 810.14, relating to voyeurism.

(x) Section 810.145, relating to video voyeurism.

(y) Section 812.014(6), relating to coordinating the commission of theft in excess of $3,000.

(z) Section 812.0145, relating to theft from persons 65 years of age or older.

(aa) Section 812.019, relating to dealing in stolen property.

(bb) Section 812.13, relating to robbery.

(cc) Section 812.131, relating to robbery by sudden snatching.

(dd) Section 812.133, relating to carjacking.

(ee) Section 812.135, relating to home-invasion robbery.

(ff) Section 817.563, relating to fraudulent sale of controlled substances.

(gg) Section 825.102, relating to abuse, aggravated abuse, or neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult.

(hh) Section 825.103, relating to exploitation of an elderly person or disabled adult.

(ii) Section 825.1025, relating to lewd or lascivious offenses committed upon or in the presence of an elderly person or disabled person.

(jj) Section 826.04, relating to incest.

(kk) Section 827.03, relating to child abuse, aggravated child abuse, or neglect of a child.

(ll) Section 827.04, relating to contributing to the delinquency or dependency of a child.

(mm) Section 827.071, relating to sexual performance by a child.

(nn) Section 843.01, relating to resisting arrest with violence.

(oo) Chapter 847, relating to obscenity.

(pp) Section 874.05, relating to causing, encouraging, soliciting, or recruiting another to join a criminal street gang.

(qq) Chapter 893, relating to drug abuse prevention and control, if the offense was a felony of the second degree or greater severity.

(rr) Section 916.1075, relating to sexual misconduct with certain forensic clients and reporting of such sexual misconduct.

(ss) Section 944.47, relating to introduction, removal, or possession of contraband at a correctional facility.

(tt) Section 985.701, relating to sexual misconduct in juvenile justice programs.

(uu) Section 985.711, relating to introduction, removal, or possession of contraband at a juvenile detention facility or commitment program.

(2) Any misdemeanor offense prohibited under any of the following statutes:
    (a) Section 784.03, relating to battery, if the victim of the offense was a minor.

(b) Section 787.025, relating to luring or enticing a child.

(3) Any criminal act committed in another state or under federal law which, if committed in this state, constitutes an offense prohibited under any statute listed in subsection (1) or subsection (2).

(4) Any delinquent act committed in this state or any delinquent or criminal act committed in another state or under federal law which, if committed in this state, qualifies an individual for inclusion on the Registered Juvenile Sex Offender List under s. 943.0435(1)(a)1.d.

History.—s. 26, ch. 2008-108; s. 18, ch. 2010-24.

1Note.—Section 20, ch. 2010-24, provides that “[t]he Department of Revenue is authorized and all conditions are deemed met, to adopt emergency rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54, Florida Statutes, to administer the provisions of this act. The emergency rules shall remain in effect for 6 months after the rules are adopted and the rules may be renewed during the pendency of procedures to adopt permanent rules addressing the subject of the emergency rules.”

Quick Links
    •Statute Search Tips
    •Preface to Florida Statutes (2012)
    •Table of Section Changes (2012)
    •General Laws Conversion Table (2012)
    •Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes
    •Archived Statutes (Prior to 2010)

Senators
    •Senator List
    •Find Your Legislator
    •District Maps
    •Vote Disclosures

Committees
    •Committee List
    •Committee Publications
    •Committee Process

Search
    •Bill Search Tips
    •Statute Search Tips
    •Site Search Tips

Session
    •Bills
    •Calendars
    •Journals
    •Reports
    •Appropriations
    •Executive Appointments
    •Redistricting

Laws
    •Statutes
    •Constitution
    •Laws of Florida
    •Order - Legistore

Media
    •Press Releases
    •Publications
    •Videos
    •Photos
    •Speeches
    •Video Broadcast Schedule

About
    • Historical Information
    •Opportunities
    •Senate Kids
    •Visit Us
    •Contact Us
    •Award

Offices
    •Office of Senate President
    •Majority Office
    •Minority Office
    •Office of Senate Secretary

Reference
    •Glossary
    •FAQ
    •Help
    •Publications
    •Links
    •Archives
    •Advisory Opinions
    •Public Records

Connect with the Senate
    Facebook
    Picasa
    Twitter
    RSS

Senate Tracker
    •Login
    •Tracker Help

Plug-ins
    •Adobe Acrobat Reader
    •Adobe Flash Player
    •Windows Media Player
    •WinZip

Disclaimer: The information on this system is unverified. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted for official purposes.

Privacy Statement|Accessibility Policy
    Copyright © 2000- 2013 State of Florida.
    jukeleft Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2013, 06:52 PM
    I hope this helps anyone out that is discouraged from teaching because of past mistakes as you can see you have to be a pretty sick person not to be able to teach good luck all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend bought a stolen four wheeler unknowingly and now he is being charged with grand theft auto in the third degree what should we do

Grand theft felony [ 1 Answers ]

I was charged with a felony for grand theft, although I feel it was a little extreme! I have never been in trouble before in my life! Im a single mom of 3 who has been going through a lot the past few months and I made a bad judgement in my actions, Is there anyway I can get that reduced, Im...

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya can anyone tell me if danny dyer does the voice over for kent paul in gta san andreas?

Does grand theft auto carry the same penalty as unauthorized use of an automobile

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

View more questions Search