Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Dec 17, 2006, 09:06 AM
    DDR Dance Dance Revolution question
    I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations.

First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in my way so for me to get into something new I don't like to start at the bottom or go for "starter" packages. That's about it.

Now, I want to get this DDR for me and my kids. The first time I've seen this game was in an arcade and I was just mesmerized by it and that was about 2 years ago I think. Never thought about getting one but recently I noticed that this game is available for the home. So I set out to "buy" it only to find out that there is a million different option for this thing from software (PC, XBOX, PS, etc) to dance pads (various kinds). I don't have an XBOX, PS, or any game box of any sort (other than my PC which I don't really use for games). I know that sooner or later I'm going to have to break down and buy an XBOX, PS or something to start playing games. I just have no clue what the real differences are between XBOX or PS and to me they're all the same since I know nothing about them.

So I want a DDR game. Which? What's the difference between them all? Which do you prefer XBOX, PS, PC? What about the pad? What are people's experiences with pads? I read that some are not that good and only look good on paper?

Are there any good sites that review this game and makes any kind of recommendations? I'm not afraid to spend money on a good DDR that I know we'll use for exercise and fun. I just don't want to buy something and find out that it is very limited.

I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Casey
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jan 11, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cajalat
    I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations.

First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in my way so for me to get into something new I don't like to start at the bottom or go for "starter" packages. That's about it.

Now, I want to get this DDR for me and my kids. The first time I've seen this game was in an arcade and I was just mesmerized by it and that was about 2 years ago I think. Never thought about getting one but recently I noticed that this game is available for the home. So I set out to "buy" it only to find out that there is a million different option for this thing from software (PC, XBOX, PS, etc) to dance pads (various kinds). I don't have an XBOX, PS, or any game box of any sort (other than my PC which I don't really use for games). I know that sooner or later I'm going to have to break down and buy an XBOX, PS or something to start playing games. I just have no clue what the real differences are between XBOX or PS and to me they're all the same since I know nothing about them.

So I want a DDR game. Which? what's the difference between them all? Which do you prefer XBOX, PS, PC? What about the pad? What are people's experiences with pads? I read that some are not that good and only look good on paper?

Are there any good sites that review this game and makes any kind of recommendations? I'm not afraid to spend money on a good DDR that I know we'll use for exercise and fun. I just don't want to buy something and find out that it is very limited.

I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Casey
    I prefer the PS2 to XBOX. I have had both and just found that PS2 is easier to use, is FREE to play online (xbox charges you $50 a year) and has a better selection of games. However, the big advantage to XBOX is the game HALO, which isn't available on PS2. You can probably pick up a used PS2 at a Video game store for around $75. If you are looking for DDR, I would sell you everything for about half of what it would cost you. I have two mats and DDR II. It was really fun to have at parties and things like that, but since moving to a new apartment, it really annoys my downstairs neighbors. Send me a PM, and I will hook you up.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Thanks for the offer. My goal was to surprise the family for Christmas with DDR and after much research I ended up with the following:

- PS2 Slimline
    - DDR SuperNOVA
    - two I-Motion2 metal pads
    - 64MB Memory
    - two Wireless Controllers

So far it is still a hit and we're getting plenty of exercise. Now if only I can find a DDR for the PS2 that has "popcorn" on it.

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking her to the dance [ 54 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 15 and there's a girl I want to ask to the sophomore dance but I don't know if she will go with me. I don't want to just go ask her because I want to try to have the best opportunity for her to say yes because I really like her a lot. We are kind of friends, I'm also friends with some of...

Which dance is The Dance [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the artist of the song "The Dance" sometimes people call it, Let the music play... The first line is, He tried pretending the dance is just a dance But I see, he's dancing his way back to me.

Dance [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the oldest dance we know?

View more questions Search