Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwall95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 02:51 PM
    14 year old want to testify in front of a judge to say who she want to live with
    I have a 14 years old daughter that just told me that she want tto live with me how do I take this to court so she can tell the judge this she is afraid to go home to her mother
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 03:21 PM

You go to court and request a custody hearing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2010, 03:43 PM

First, if the mother is the primary custodial parent, you cannot keep her beyond your visitation. You can try to get an emergency hearing on a custody modification. But if you violate your court order, it will make things worse for you.

Second, at 14 its iffy how much weight the court will place on her preference. Why is she afraid? What has the mother done? You will need to document these things for the court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 05:58 PM

Yes, you will have to file a motion in court to change the current custody orders. They will not only listen to what the 14 year old has to say, but question her as to why. At times the judge may question the child privately or have it done by a case worker.

Also each parent will be able to produce evidence as to why the other should not be the custodial parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances a judge in fl would give my exhusband custody of our 4 year old [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my exhusband are going through a custody battle. In fl can I get visitation stopped because of his violent history? He has been jailed for this also

I need to get the format to submit to the judge to be released after one year on a th [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get the format to submit to the judge to be released after one year on a three year federal probation. So that I can be released to return to my family

3rd Front Tooth in 6 year old [ 1 Answers ]

My son had his right centre front baby tooth removed due to an accident and the new (second) front tooth grew in its place. However the new tooth that grew still looks like a baby tooth and is crooked. There now appears to be a third tooth growing in the same place. Is this possible? Will this...

Car accident-wants to go in front of retired judge [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so almost two years ago in July, we were involved in a car accident. The other driver hit us in a residential zone going between 45 to 50 mph. Our car was totlaed and they were cited for careless driving. There was skid marks from the other car sixty one feet long. Well their car insurance is...

View more questions Search