Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Praizn_God Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Diabetes
    My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge... I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips I bought unsweetend chocolate squares... how many squares do I use to make a bag of chips?:)
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 28, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Please refer to the American Diabetes Association website for information on Nutrition & Recipies. The answer to this question is difficult because the basic caloric requirement is dictated by ideal weight, physical activity, and occupation.

Furthermore, information published here on the web is contradicting. One source lists 1 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips is equivalent to 1 (1-ounce) square unsweetened chocolate. Another source, lists six 1 oz. semisweet chocolate squares = 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.

Therefore, since one source published deserts from the American Diabetes Association, the minimum 1 (1-ounce) square of unsweetened chocolate may be sufficient. This sound like the better option towards the Diabetic goal: keeping his blood-sugar level within range.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)
    1. VGS Recipies: Desserts, 2006. VGS - Recipes: Desserts - American Diabetes Association

2. aline, 2006. Dessert Making Tips - The Secret Recipe Forum
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Praizn_God
    My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge...I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips i bought unsweetend chocolate squares....how many squares do I use to make a bag of chips?:)
    The recipe I use uses 2 unsweetned choc squares (1 oz each), if you tell me how many your recipe will make I can adjust the correct measurements for your recipe;
    My recipe is: 16 oz cream cheese softened, 2 unsweetned choc. Squares, (1 oz each) melted, 1/2 c sugar substitute, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 c pecans. Mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate overnight. Let me know your and I can readjust for you!;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a bloodt test for diabetes and my doctor wants to see me again as it was a bit high, I have been told to stay awat from sweet things and carbos by another diabetic that I know, I was wondering if there is a possibility as after a meal with carbos in I am ill, usually my stomach, it plays...

Help With Diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

What would you recommend as a herbal help for controlling diabetes?

Diabetes symptoms? [ 4 Answers ]

I had gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy in 2004 and was told that I am at a high risk of developing diabetes mellitus later on. For the past month or so, I have been urinating more than usual, been extremely hungry and thirsty, sleepier than usual, my eyes have been sore and my vision...

3 yr. Old and type 1 diabetes? Hereditarily. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children: 6 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old son, and a 5 month old daughter. The two younger ones' father has type 1 juvenile diabetes. He has to take insulin shots several times a day. I know that my children have only a slightly higher change to develop diabetes than others, but that still is...

3 yr. Old & type 1 diabetes? Hereditarily. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 children: 6 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old son, and a 5 month old daughter. The two younger ones' father has type 1 juvenile diabetes. He has to take insulin shots several times a day. I know that my children have only a slightly higher change to develop diabetes than others, but that still is...

View more questions Search