Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blazingsun20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 01:38 PM
    Can wisdom teeth be the root of everything?
    Hello all. I have a few questions regarding wisdom teeth. I will be having all four of mine removed on August 6th. I have been having pain in my jaw and sinus issues. I have been sick for about two months now. It started as a stomach infection and then moved to an ear/sinus infection.

All blood work thus far has been normal.

Can impacted wisdom teeth cause extreme fatigue, nausea, and other symptoms?

I have been looking on other sites as well as this one and I wanted to get a clear answer/experiences with this.

I went to my oral surgeon and he checked for an infection and there wasn't anything there. He did say that I have a severe case of TMJ which is probably acting up because of the wisdom teeth. Here is pretty much a list of symptoms that I am having.

-Fatigue and being extremely tired
    -Trouble sleeping
    -Brain Fog and just feeling out of it
    -Tightness in jaw, swelling
    -Ear aches accompanied with ear warmness
    -Nausea (not all of the time but generally in the morning)
    -Headaches
    -Slight anxiety (again not all of the time)
    -Eye floaters (I went to the eye doctor a few days ago and my eyes checked out fine)--I only started having these when my teeth became an issue.

I did purchase a night guard.

I am going to get checked for Lyme disease once I get paperwork from my doctor (even though my internal doctor states that I do not show any of the signs of it). I know that Lyme can bring on TMJ and a list of other symptoms as well. My bite is off and has been confirmed by my dentist and the oral surgeon.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? What I am most concerned about is the brain fog and fatigue. I have a feeling it has to do with all of my wisdom teeth coming in. Two months of being sick and feeling like crap I am starting to run out options for answers and getting a little scared.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
    What is your stress level like? I don't mean over this particular issue but with life in general.

Stress can cause many of the symptoms you've listed. May I ask you age? Are you male or female?

Jul 21, 2010, 02:48 PM

My stress level is negligible. I love my job, girlfriend, where I live and life. I am more or less "stressed" over being sick.

Stats about me:

Male
    184 pounds
    Before I got sick I was running close to 5 miles a day, lifting, daily workout etc.
    5'10"

I am happy about my life (with the exclusion of all of this). My doctor had given me medication for depression however I have neglected to take it because I feel it is all stemming from this.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Then all you can probably do is get the wisdom teeth out and see if you feel better or take the anti depressants and see if they help.

Jul 21, 2010, 03:27 PM

That is what I am banking on. I am also looking to see if other people had similar symptoms as mine when their wisdom teeth were coming in. I do thank you for your input though. :-)
    tam84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Are you still here? I am going through the Same thing. I am getting extractions very soon and I hope it helps. I have been to many doctors and had lots of bloodwork to no avail. I hope this is the answer. Please update me on your progress!
    sarasmom61809 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 29, 2010, 07:54 AM

Wisdom teeth coming in can be annoyingly uncomfortable. Especially if you have all 4 and they're coming in all together. ANd forget it if you don't have room for them and they're all discombobulated. I do agree with the night guard. A lot of the time when you're stressing you could grind or clench your teeth which in turn, screws up the whole TMJ. I would def have them taking out. They're nothing but trouble. See if that works. Then if you don't feel better, try the medication. The most important thing is to stay positive. Your mind controls your body. I hope everything works out for you... Keep us posted..
    alexloosearrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
    I'm going through the same with no insurance I hope this issue constitutes an emergency so I can get something done
    auty2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2011, 05:48 PM
    I am a 20 year old male with the same problems. I have history of Lyme Disease so I am going to get it checked out this upcoming week but the similar symptoms are brain fog, fatigue, and anxiety. My teeth were in pain about a month ago but I just let it subside thinking it would just go away. I will keep you updated on my progress.
    GloomySunday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Hey, I'm new to this forum and I am having the same symptoms! My wisdoms are coming in and I'm getting the eye floaters, sinus problems, nasty fatigue, and even digestive problems. Did you get your wisdoms out? Did anything improve, blazing?
    BrendanCbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
    I think I have the same problem. I am in the same boat as you when it comes to Fatigue, Dizziness, sinus pressure, eye floaters etc. but my doctors can't figure it out either. My wisdom teeth may be the problem as well considering my teeth have been killing me off and on. My dentist told me 2 years ago they wanted them out but I didn't feel like dealing with the pain of getting them removed, they even gave me a squirt thing to clean the flap in rip in my gums but I don't use it. I am thinking somehow it got infected from long term expsoure and am going to set up and appointment to get them out before they cause further complications. The nerves in your gums can cause a lot of problems with your brain because their so close to each other. Wisdom teeth are tricky.
    Kirk377 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Has anybody seen results since having there wisdom teeth removed? I get mine took out tomorrow and I've been having a lot of the same problems. I went to a ENT and he said I had TMJ. Mosdt likely due to my Wisdom teeth.I've had Sinus, Ear, and Throat problems since January. It always feels like something is in the back of my throat. Not painful just gets on my nerves.The worst part is the brain fog followed by fatigue. I've been like this for so long. I went to a dentists cause the docs couldn't find anything and I had 3 wisdom teeth and also an abscessed tooth. I got the abscessed removed and I'm feeling better. But I still don't feel quiet right. I've had bloodwork and all that and everything is normal. I don't know what to do if it's not my Wisdom teeth. What else could it be? I'm at the end of my rope. I don't want to live the rest of my life feeling like I'm not all there. I'm a 22 year old male and up till recently I've never had any heath problems.
    saraizacchary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Hello all! I'm new to this forum! I hope we can help each other. Blazing, tam, auty, gloomy, and kirk I just want to say that I'm going through the SAME thing! My wisom teeth having been erupting for four years and it's clear they are impacted. They(just guess) cause me the exact list of symptoms you have posted! I hope everything will change after the extraction

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanCbaby View Post
    I think I have the same problem. I am in the same boat as you when it comes to Fatigue, Dizziness, sinus pressure, eye floaters etc. but my doctors can't figure it out either. My wisdom teeth may be the problem as well considering my teeth have been killing me off and on. My dentist told me 2 years ago they wanted them out but I didn't feel like dealing with the pain of getting them removed, they even gave me a squirt thing to clean the flap in rip in my gums but i dont use it. I am thinking somehow it got infected from long term expsoure and am going to set up and appointment to get em out before they cause further complications. The nerves in your gums can cause a lot of problems with your brain because their so close to each other. Wisdom teeth are tricky.
    Mine don't know the root of this entanglement too. It's very confusing
    rhow4247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 06:52 AM
    I have been having similar problems! I am very interested to hear how you all feel after you got the wisdom teeth out? I have been having swollen glands, itchy sore throat, fatigue, digestive problems and a general head cold feeling on and off for 7 months now. All tests came back clear. My back teeth and gums have been tender and sore but no sign of an infection but x-rays show my wisdom teeth are impacted. I'm so sick of feeling sick!
    bricky999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Since April 2012, I have had similar issues with headaches, sinus problems and mostly the brain fog. This started after a particular period of stress in my life and dental work, had a filing removed and a crown. I also have had TMJ for many years and wear a night guard. Because these symptoms have lasted for four months, I recently found out about and went to a dentist who specializes in neuromuscular dentistry. He hooked me up to a TENS unit that is to relax the muscles in the jaw and is making an orthodontic for me to wear night and day to realign my bite. It might be worth doing research on this.
    rosiegudsell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
    I am having these exact symptoms at the moment. Did the symptoms clear once the teeth were removed and healed? Any advice appreciated.
    melissaramirez3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 07:23 PM
    I have only one wisdom tooth coming in and it is stuck bone against bone. My symptoms include tiredness, dizziness, ear pressure and pain one and off, neck pain,stiffness in neck and shoulder,and my tongue started sore and led to extreme pain in right side of tongue stabbing pains on and off. And now symptoms are much less painful but I am extremely tired and feel out of it like when you are sick or took cold medicine. This has been ongoing for a week. At first I had no idea where the symptoms were coming from because my actual tooth and gums do not hurt at all and still do not. I have no infection but the out of it/tired fatigue feeling bothers me the most. I go tues for a second opinion on getting the tooth removed finally! I feel for you guys. This is no fun at all and scary when you feel so bad and are not sure why and then you hope it is only the wisdom tooth causing all this and not some other problem. I will keep you updated.

I also had throat pain like I was getting sick and felt swollen under jaw -this went away after 3 days .
    Sukima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 03:39 AM
    Omg this is such a relief.

All these random symptoms, and only recently did the teeth themselves start bothering me.

I've had sore throat, digestive problems, eye pain, ear pain, headache, eye floaters, fatigue, and anxiety stemming from all of it.

and now this topic has pretty much confirmed for me that it's the wisdom teeth that are doing it somehow

can't even believe this lol
    MushyMan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Hello all.

I have had the same symptoms as you guys.

The fatigue thing is the worst and it's really hard to describe. It's not your normal exhaustion fatigue. Usually for me it comes in like an hour after I wake up (if it does, sometimes it doesn't), and the feeling is like I'm being squeezed out of all my life source, not really energy, if I start doing some sports or something I will be able to do them without much problem, but when I'm sitting I just feel so lethargic and weird, sort of hungover and just general bad.

I've had trouble with my wisdom teeth for about as long as I've had these symptoms, so I'm really hoping this can sort it out.

I'm going to have them removed this Friday (22th February) and I will bookmark this page and let you guys know.

Keep your fingers crossed!
    emilykatepicket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 02:02 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I have had these same symptoms, for around 8 months now, I have had a million tests, but everything came back normal, I had brain scans, a lumber puncture, ongoing blood tests, and I had my eyes checked. I became very anxious, with not knowing what was wrong with me, which led to me falling into a deep depression.
    Reading all everything you guys have wrote, really clicked, my wisdom teeth have been coming in and out for around a year now, and they get so sore to the point where I can barely talk. I think its time for a trip to the dentist! I will let you all know how I end up,
    Thank you, emily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My wisdom teeth haven't come in yet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering, by what age do your wisdom teeth usually come in? I'm not worried about it or anything, just curious. I'm 23 and mine haven't started to come in at all, but some of my friends have already had to have theirs pulled. What about people on here? What age were you when...

Wisdom Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I had four wisdom teeth out on the 13th. I was given an antibiotic because I had a small infection where one of my bottom tooth was. It is finally starting to get better but still hurts to touch and throbs sometimes. My main problem is since I got them pulled, I developed white patches on my...

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I had two wisdom teeth removed top and bottom nearly 3 weeks ago - Lately my mouth has felt abit uncomfortable and when looking in the mirror I noticed that there was something in the area where I had the bottom Wisdom removed, it's a white colour and it feels loose when I swallow. Also...

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

I will soon be getting my wisdom teeth removed and I am assuming that they will put me fully under. I have never experienced this before and with the new movie out (Awake - where the man is mentally awake during his entire surgery and can feel all the pain) I am just a little curious I guess as to...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

View more questions Search