Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grahamoconnell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Hello! My name is Graham from Galway.
    I am 41 years old. I had my two top wisdom teeth removed. The left one when I was 21 years old and the right one last year.

I have two bottom ones left. I had a temperature (cold) recently and I took paracetamol to get through it. I have a HEADACHE now. The pain moves from the centre of my head to the front. The back of my head feels drowsy.

To add to that my eyes feel tired when I look at writing in the distance such as print on a CD collection. That's what you mean by floater-good way to describe the eye condition.

I used the internet to Google headache caused by the impact of wisdom teeth.
    I AM going to see my dentist tomorrow to arrange the extraction.
    I AM relaxed now. Not worried.
    So don't worry yourself. The headache will go after you have the extraction.

Good luck
    Graham
    smartattimes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Wisdom teeth just coming in, impaction or tooth infection, root canal infections can cause symptoms similar to lymes but iT IS NOT lyme and many doctor will think the symptoms look like it but it is NOT the symptoms of wisdom tooth, tooth infections and root canal infections are very debiltating and MD are not educated in the are of dentistry so they DO NOT KNOW don't expect for them to unless you get lucky and have a super smart intergrative MD he or she might know. .
    Symptoms for wisdom tooth or root canal infection, or tooth infection
    LONG LIST OF SYMPTOMS. .
    Low grade fever or high fever,
    Nausea, dizziness. Heart pounding or skipping beats, teeth infections usually go for the heart or the heart valves , shortness of breath,
    Ear and eye pain, ear and eye, nose sensitivity, sinus infecitons or issues, muscle weakness, feeling uncoordinated. Tiredness, rash, digestion, issues nausea , cognitive problems, brain fog, exhaustion, wheezing and loss of appetite .neck pain, swollen lymph nodes swollen tongue or reoccuring sore throats

Run to a holistic dentist
    abrakastabya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2013, 12:52 AM
    I'm just curious, does anybody get any stabbing pains in their head? Especially around the eye area? I get pretty well the symptoms listed... The anxiety more often because it's came to a point where I'm always googling and getting bad results lol.. anyway let me know people!
    saraizacchary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abrakastabya View Post
    I'm just curious, does anybody get any stabbing pains in their head? especially around the eye area? I get pretty well the symptoms listed... The anxiety more often because it's came to a point where I'm always googling and getting bad results lol.. anyways let me know ppl!

I have had this stabbing pain in my left eye for almost 3years to the point I thought I was going to lose my sight. I went to the dentist and she told me my lower left tooth is abnormally swollen and inflated and I should do an x-ray to extract it.
    steph230305 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 11:58 AM
    I know your probably no longer looking at this thread but I am in the same dilemma the past few months.

My to right wisdom teeth have been trying to push through for over a year now, but are impacted. My bottom left wisdom tooth has just now started to come up. I do not have a top left one. I will be getting them all removed in the next months.

I'm getting migraines out of nowhere
    Eye spots/floaters - can't look at iPhone screens easily
    Ear pain/aches
    Infection in my lymph nodes in my neck
    Yellow tongue
    Brain fog
    The exhaustion/fatigue is unbearable.
    Jaw clenching - I do sleep with a night guard in because I'm a grinder.

While I have fibromyalgia, many of these symptoms are out of the ordinary and/or even worse from these stupid teeth coming in.
    ChronicDave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 05:49 PM
    Yes
    ChronicDave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Whoops,

Guys I've been suffering for about 3 years with very similar symptoms to the ones you describe - mainly anxiety, sinus issues (worse when flying long distances) and a weird kind of fatigue that you can shake off if you want to play sport - but when at rest makes you feel lazy. I also find it hard to talk to people sometimes because of tmj like jaw ache and mild dizziness - it gets worse when talking to someone your nervous about talking with. I also have a new post nasal drip symptom which seems to only really affect me after sleeping where I bring up yellow mucus every morning (no cough though).

I'm getting a CAT scan on my sinuses but am interested in this wisdom tooth theory. Think I'll get them removed and see what happens.

It's annoying that after all your posts - nobody replied to say whether it worked or not. Or does the no reply tell us that it did work and now they're far to healthy to bother to reply.

I'm sure most of you have been told it's CFS or fibro - but this is essentially just a label when doctors don't know what it is that's wrong with you. I suspect it is something else - my gut feeling is some kind of chronic virus - as doesn't seem to respond to antibiotics. But I hope it's as simple as wisdom teeth
    hrh7288 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Me too me too! My Wisdom teeth came in in May of this year. Not long after I started having anxiety (severe), jaw pressure, sinus problems, headaches (not too severe unless it's my cycle) and eye problems all on my left side which is the tooth that now aches. Although the tooth did come through all the way. The most concerning symptoms, are the fatigue, brain fog, and something called hippus which is the rapid osculation and contraction of the pupil on that side. I had a tooth removed on that side almost two years ago from a cavity and when the dentist did my x-rays they told me I would never be able to have an implant put in because all of my sinuses were messed up and intertwined up in there abnormally. So in order to get an implant I would have to undergo sinus reconstructive surgery. Now since my wisdom tooth has come in I am wondering if that pressure is making all the funny things happen because of the sinuses. I know that it's all connected up in there. My anxiety has gone down quite a bit in the past month or so just because I know it's in God's hands because I cannot afford to go to the doc. When I had brain scans not long ago everything was fine and normal. No double or blurry vision, no floaters. Everything is okay except the brain fog, hippus, jaw discomfort, and fatigue... (occasional headache) HELP!

Some stats about me

Female, age 25. Have had 3 children in between 2009 and 2012. 180 lbs. 5'5, other than this I have been super duper healthy my whole life. I am physically active and a very healthy eater.
    jboatown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Everyone,

Please keep us posted on your results.

I'm a 26 year old male, very, very dedicated to my nutrition and exercise. Have all four wisdom teeth in. I recently started getting floaters in my left eye (only) as well as weird shooting pains in the right side of my head, as well as significant bouts of anxiety. Will get my wisdom teeth out and see if this helps...
    kg286 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 11:07 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm 21 and have had all of these symptoms (constant headaches, fatigue, dizziness, brain fog, tinnitus, eye floaters, sinus pressure and anxiety) for 4 months. I've been to see over 10 doctors and they say that nothing is physically wrong with me and told me it is chronic fatigue and depression. I knew that was not what it was and by chance, I decided to go to the dentist. I was told I have severely impacted lower wisdom teeth which are infected and the dentist said they are causing the headaches and general unwellness.

Thank God! Up until I found this out, I was losing my mind, thinking I was dying of some strange disease that no-one would ever find but now I am convinced that all of these horrible symptoms are coming from the darn wisdom teeth. I have an extremely small jaw and so there is just no room for them to come through, putting incredible pressure on my other teeth, nerves and jaw muscles. If anyone is experiencing these symptoms and doctors cannot find anything wrong - go see your dentist asap! It could save your sanity and get you back to your normal life again.

I am seeing the dentist again tomorrow to schedule removal of the evil wisdoms and I will update this page when they are eventually out (I promise) - hope everyone else is coping okay with their symptoms.

Much love,

Kelly
    rpalmer92 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2013, 01:30 AM
    Hi,

I've been going through all of the same things for the last 6 months - the constant headaches, brain fog, trouble balancing, fatigue, stabbing pains in all over head, sinus problems, dizziness, vertigo whilst laying down, moderate to severe bouts of anxiety + panic attacks and the other common ones - I was diagnosed with severely impacted lower and upper wisdom teeth and am due to get them out in a little over a month.

My GP has told me my cervical spine and deep neck muscles could also be contributing to these symptoms and has sent me for an X-ray. I'm due to see him tomorrow to discuss that side of it.

What I wanted to know was, has anyone had any luck in farewelling these symptoms after the extraction of the impacted wisdom teeth!

I'm so anxious to know if I'll be fixed for good!!

Thanks
    Ryan P from Australia

Dec 9, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Hi Ryan,

Just wanted to reply and let you know you're not alone.

Been experiencing all of these things for a long time too and have done a lot of research which confirms that all of the symptoms described can be explained by impacted wisdom teeth.

If you want to read more, here is a link to another forum where numerous people describe the same things and are then cured/relieved when their teeth are taken out - nausea, dizziness wisdom teeth? · Oral and Dental Health discussions | Body & Health Conditions center | SteadyHealth.com

Stay strong, they will be out soon and you'll be back to normal health when recovered.

All the best,

Kelly

Dec 17, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply, it definitely makes me feel better about the whole situation.

I am not 100% convinced it is my wisdom teeth, but at least I've got something to look forward to, a light at the end of the tunnel, per se, with the surgery in January.

Have you had your wisdom teeth out and successfully been cured prior to surgery?
    Or have you literally been told by your oral surgeon or GP or anyone that this is definitely the cause?

It's just so hard to believe anyone/anything now as I've been told so many different things - from a brain infection (encephalitis), to neck problems, to vitamin B12 and D deficiency, to thyroid problems, to simple anxiety, and even been told it's my brain literally creating the symptoms from nothing because I ponder on it so much.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Dec 18, 2013, 12:42 PM
    Hi Ryan,

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about the situation, I can sympathise with you 100%, as I've been going through the same hellish situation.

Indeed, I have that 'light at the end of the tunnel' coming up, as my surgery is scheduled for the end of January - I cannot wait, to say the least!

I know it's hard to just accept that all of these weird symptoms are the result of impacted wisdom teeth. I have spent the better part of 6 months frantically trying to find out what is wrong with me - I have had more sleepless nights than I care to remember, thinking that I was dying, that I had some awful condition etc. etc.
    I have visited so many doctors I can't even count, have had blood tests for anemia, b12 deficiency and thyroid issues. All have come back fine - I have been examined, had my reflexes tested, my eyes tested (including a photo of the back of my eye which shows the pressure inside your head - all good, so brain tumour very unlikely, also these symptoms don't follow the clinical pattern), blood pressure tested, all good. Physically, I am incredibly well as far as I can tell.

All of which to say is that I got to a point where I simply had to accept that the symptoms I am experiencing are due to my impacted wisdom teeth. I am not dead after 6 months of feeling like this, and no signs of anything more serious have presented after all this time.
    The research I have done online, reading countless posts from people experiencing the same symptoms who also have impacted wisdom teeth which have not been removed was what finally made me relax and just accept that that is 99.999% most likely what is wrong with me.

Since accepting this and (perhaps not so patiently waiting for the surgery), my symptoms have reduced a little bit in intensity. Stress is a powerful thing. I think experiencing anxiety and helplessness over your health is one of the most terrifying things someone can go through, and it will have an effect on how well you feel. I have felt weak to the point of no return simply because of the overwhelming worry, stress and helplessness.

Try your best, if you can, to accept as much as possible that what you are feeling is temporary and not dangerous. It will be over soon. I'm sure you will begin to feel even marginally better if you relax a bit about what you are going through. I know I did.

I previously had my upper wisdom teeth removed (around 3-4 months ago), they were causing me pain but they were not fully impacted - they were coming out sideways and could be removed without anesthetic in the dentist's chair. Since they were removed, my symptoms lessened a bit but they came back a few weeks after I had recovered. The dentist didn't tell me my lower wisdoms were impacted (even though they have an x ray on file) and so I had to scrabble around desperately for months trying to find out what was wrong again until I had the sense to re-visit the dentist and ask whether there were any issues with my lowers. They are completely impacted under the gum (can't see anything), so it is understandable that they are causing major issues.

I could write all day about this, it has been my life for the past 6 months after all.
    Wisdom teeth are evil. I will end it there - haha!

If there's anything you want to ask me, go for it - I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Kelly

Jan 4, 2014, 05:04 AM
    Hey Kelly,

Thanks so much for getting back to me again and sorry I took so long to reply. Had a big Christmas and I actually couldn't remember the site or thread name that we were discussing this in - damn "brain fog" LOL!

I go under in 8 days on the Monday. I cannot wait. I'm slightly nervous about being put out against my will as I have never had gen. anaesthetic before, but the thought of being symptom free post recovery is too high to make me back out haha.

The X-ray I have of my teeth shows just how bad they are. The roots are pushing against the nerves running down my jaw and the actual crown of the teeth are embedded in the molars next to them. I also have a molar that's got a massive cavity in it that I had filled and it kept decaying which just so happens to have roots in my maxillary sinus, so I've been getting a lot of sinus infections and pain in the front of my head and around that tooth.

I know how you feel. It's not nice to constantly question your own well being, to think you are going to live the rest of your days in pain and to top it all off, have everyone supporting you, only then to turn around and look at you like some mental-case and hypochondriac because you haven't dropped dead yet lol.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of feeling and being like this. I used to be such a happy, vibrant person. Now, I'm dull and boring and painful to be around - just like my head haha.

Here's to hoping it's fixed after the extraction!!

Ryan
    Emma35uk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 06:47 AM
    Hi - so relieved I'm not the only one... Mines been going on for 2 years now though :(... All same symptoms - I had my upper wisdom teeth out and my right lower one out but they've left the left side lower wisdom as it's impacted and growing sideways... I too noticed a slight relief in symptoms but it's still all there just not as bad as a year ago... I've been told lots of dif things - labrythintus , sinus infection, glue ear , tmj etc etc I had MRI done which showed a change in brain relating to a form of migraine - ct scan showed narrow inflamed sinuses - a few times I've had ears checked they have noted bubbles behind eardrum - ENT noted retracted eardrum and couldn't get the camera up my right nostril - I've been giving many dif pills and sprays and drops but none wrk / sudofed slightly eases the headaches and betahistine eases the balance issue - I hate being this way before all this I was a vibrant mum now I suffer slight anxiety when ever I'm out and about - the fuzzy head ( brain fog) and vision problems ( blurred vision ) scare me - and I'm not sure if you get this but it's all worse during monthlys :( - please let me know if getting your wisdom teeth out help...

Regards

And happy new year

Jan 7, 2014, 12:58 AM
    You certainly aren't the only one!

Been feeling like this for about 6 months - it's hell isn't it?!

I'll be sure to let y'all know whether getting the wisdom teeth out helps any.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 7, 2014, 06:01 AM
    Flossie is a dental hygienist blazing sun, so this is the best input you will get here. Wisdom teeth cause problems for your other teeth. I find it unusual that this issue would cause you so many problems. Advise you to just have them removed and avoid 'whole' mouth issues eventually.

Years ago I had no such symptoms with a good dentist to explain.

Jan 13, 2014, 02:04 PM
    Hey all!

I had my four impacted wisdom teeth and an infected upper left first molar out yesterday morning under general anaesthetic. I can say with confidence that I feel better already in regards to those symptoms we all hate. I don't have that annoying dull pressure headache any more, I feel wayyyyy less anxious, I don't feel the brain fog and "retarded-ness", heck, I'm doped up on Panadeine Forte and I still feel more alert and sharper than I did pre-extraction.

I'm very certain this isn't a placebo effect and that I am for the best part... cured!

Yesterday and this morning have been extremely painful and uncomfortable due to the swelling, bleeding, throbbing pains in my mouth, but honestly it's so worth it just to feel that veil being lifted off you slowly, so to speak :)

I'll report back in a few days.

Regards,
    Ryan

Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 AM
    That's great Ryan, I'm really pleased you already feel better :) I'm sure you'll just keep on getting better and more back to yourself as you recover!

I'm just back from my consultation at the hospital in order to remove my lower impacted wisdom teeth and I feel like screaming.

The NHS are awful, budget conscious vultures who would rather throw pills at a problem than spend any money on a procedure for someone who has been in pain for months. The consultant tried to tell me that the pain I am feeling (which I can 100% state I know is coming from the impacted teeth) is actually a TMJ issue which is unconnected, and oh, we'll give you a prescription for antidepressants and you shouldn't need to remove the impacted teeth.
    They even tried to put me off the removal by emphasising the risk of losing sensation in the lower lip if I have the surgery, because my teeth are pressing against the nerves in my jaw (and they say the teeth shouldn't be causing me issues/pain?? ).

B*gger them sideways - put myself on the waiting list for the wisdom teeth removal and now have to wait another few months... yay.

I am so disheartened with the NHS - it's a disgusting system which only helps itself and if you aren't canny, you will be at it's mercy. I have already endured months of pain and disruption to my University work as a result of the appalling waiting list times, misdiagnoses and anxiety as a result of all of this. I am disgusted, angry, helpless and in pain.

Nevertheless, I hold on to the fact that this will all be over at some point and I will look back at this hideous stage of my life and thank god it's over. Soon...

Oh and Emma35uk - the pain in my teeth/head etc definitely gets worse before periods.

Wishing you all the best with your teeth issues and stay strong, we'll all get there eventually. :) Kelly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My wisdom teeth haven't come in yet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering, by what age do your wisdom teeth usually come in? I'm not worried about it or anything, just curious. I'm 23 and mine haven't started to come in at all, but some of my friends have already had to have theirs pulled. What about people on here? What age were you when...

Wisdom Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I had four wisdom teeth out on the 13th. I was given an antibiotic because I had a small infection where one of my bottom tooth was. It is finally starting to get better but still hurts to touch and throbs sometimes. My main problem is since I got them pulled, I developed white patches on my...

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I had two wisdom teeth removed top and bottom nearly 3 weeks ago - Lately my mouth has felt abit uncomfortable and when looking in the mirror I noticed that there was something in the area where I had the bottom Wisdom removed, it's a white colour and it feels loose when I swallow. Also...

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

I will soon be getting my wisdom teeth removed and I am assuming that they will put me fully under. I have never experienced this before and with the new movie out (Awake - where the man is mentally awake during his entire surgery and can feel all the pain) I am just a little curious I guess as to...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

View more questions Search